Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip of a lifetime in paradise!
My wife and I along with a couple good friends visited Maui for the past nine days... What a place! We visited some amazing places and saw some beautiful things in our travels. It took some doing but I convinced my friend to join me on a nine hour charter to target mahi-mahi, ahi tuna, and try for some blue marlin. After a three hour boat ride and some upchuck we arrived at the bouy we were going to start fishing at. Just dragging live macrel( the captain called them the snickers bar of the sea) we were into fish almost immediately! Let me tell you these fish are as fiesty as they are beautiful. Over the course of about an hour we boated eighteen of them. My friend even tied into a shark for about ten minutes before being broke off. Another guy on the boat caught a small ahi that almost became shark bait. Finally we ended up trolling for marlin for a couple hours only with one small hit. An awesome trip with wonderful friends, never to be forgotten. Quick shout out to “start me up” fishing charters out of Lahaina for a job well done.
[signature]
Sounded like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Man that looks like a lot if fun. And some really good eats, to boot
[signature]
Great report, sounds like a blast. Thanks Jeff
[signature]