Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of Sept fishing in SE Idaho
Hello all,

We are looking at places in the southeast to fish for a short weekend trip in a couple of weeks. Coming from Salt Lake and not looking to drive further North than Pocatello. Waters with bass are preferred, but we are open to any good waters to fish from kayaks.

Glendale, Foster, and Lamont all seemed like great spots at first, then I found an old thread from 2016 that suggested they might be closed or have reduced access. I figured it would be smarter to go to the source (you anglers) than plan a trip on outdated info.

Can anyone give any recent reports or conditions on Glendale, Foster, or Lamont? Or recommend better places to kayak fish in the region?

Also, does Idaho fish and game put out fishing reports or is there another site that has a collection of reports? my search efforts turned up nothing.

Thanks,
Mike
[signature]
Here is a link to a Pocatello fly shop that puts out reports for southeast Idaho.

Good Luck!

http://content.elementoutfitters.com/178...g-reports/
[signature]
Glendale closed to water vehicles August 11 and Twin Lakes closed Sept. 4. That includes any reservoirs that are managed by these two canal companies. Such as Foster, Johnson, Condie, and several others in the Preston area. I would call the Consolidated Canal Company in Preston for Glendale and others and the Twin Lakes Canal Company in Preston for Twin Lakes and others to find out what they will and will not allow. Most all of them you can fish from the bank but no water vehicles.

This has been an on going issue for many years now and no relief in sight from these 2 canal companies who manage and use the water. Many of us have been through it with Fish and Game to push the opening of the water year round as long as we comply with the invasive weed stickers and rules, but Canal Companies win out every time so far.

Good luck with your looking .
[signature]
You might try Onieda. Smallmouth, walleye, perch, trout. I have also seen G&F put some catfish in there.
Day use area near the dam as well as the campground a few miles further would both be easy to launch kayaks from. I find it a good lake to paddle on.
[signature]
Thank you all for the helpful replies. If we do make it up next week, I’ll certainly report back. Otherwise we’ll probably make a longer trip out of it next year.
[signature]
I would recommend Oneida reservoir. The camping is very nice, the fishing is doing really good right now for smallmouth bass and they are very easy to catch with some pushing 16". It's a beautiful place to fish as well.

Mike
[signature]