Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine Koke spawn
Ran up this am to check out the creek and see how many kokes were in it. 1st 80yds of the creek only had a few but as you went upstream numbers increased. Look to be 11-13” fish
[signature]
Hey that's a fun video to watch and I appreciate the report..Thanks J
[signature]
Looks good. How is the hike to get where I need to be? I want to take my kids to see some. Might just end up going to Strawberry. On a similar note, I went to Causey this last weekend for the same reason. They were plentiful in the middle arm of the res, did not see any near the scout camp.
[signature]
I parked just before the white gate into the LDS camp on the east side of the lake on the right side going in. From the wide spot there is a trail that goes down the bank that has a short steep section but there is a better trail about 10 yds up canyon from that one. It’s probably 60-70yds down to the water and there are fish right there, then working up the creek you will see more. Not sure I’d take a low clearance vehicle (car) in to the east end of the lake, some rocks sticking up in spots and potholes. Definitely a good adventure with the kids.
[signature]
I am up at Flaming gorge and the spawn is in full swing up here. And let me tell you, there are some monsters coming up the river right now! We found a spot where the DWR was harvesting from the fish and watched that for a min. its good to see all these healthy populations of fish. One note for taking kids, if you make the drive to strawberry this Saturday (the 21st) they will be letting the public into the fish trap building and let you watch them do their work in there
[signature]
What river are you at at the lake
[signature]
Thank you
[signature]