Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reply's - Willard - bass away, cats will play
Here are some responses - See below

[quote Mooseman75] That is a nice looking toon, you really have it decked out and ready for war. It looks like it would be fun. Nice going [/quote]

Thanks for the positive words. I like it. I am hands free by steering with my flipper. Low drag. I can troll for 5 hrs on one battery charge.

[quote Tin-Can] Is that a fairly new tube? You got it set up quite nice, even nav and anchor lights [/quote]

For me it is new, but I bought is slightly used for only $350. I added the PVC myself after studying the master (Pat). I added the outside bumper bars because I was afraid that if I took it to Lake Powell I might brush up against some zebra mussels and slice it open.

[quote TubeDude] Those lures du jour look familiar [/quote]

Yep, I bought those lures from a guy I know. Hand crafted to perfection. They obviously work! Thanks again. I like your tree style rod holder but they were a little tall for me and would get in the way of the ores if I had to use them.

[quote RockyRaab] hardest strikes I had this year were from cats on a chatterbait. [/quote]

No kidding. Those initial strikes are amazing. It doesn't take too long for them to tire out in the warm water though.

[quote Cowboypirate] Do you have a finder rigged into that set up? [/quote]

I have a place for the finder and I have wired in a noise filter just to make sure the electric motor does not mess with the sonar processing. I am looking to next season to purchase the fish finder. Got to pay a few Dr. bills first.

[quote doitall5000] did you see the water temperature [/quote]

I am fishing blind. No fish finder. When I checked the report it said 70 F water temp. It felt like 70 F to my legs that were in the water.

[quote wormandbobber] different strokes for different folks. I thought that thing looked like a nightmare. I am wondering why the OP didn't just buy a small boat? [/quote] [quote wormandbobber] The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls. [/quote]

What struck me the most about this post was the footer from wormandbobber. See above. I think the "divine floods of light and life" were flowing hard and he could not be restrained from speeking the truth.

Yeah it is not a boat, but hey, I only paid $350 for it and my taxes are only $50/year and I can troll for 5 hrs on one battery charge (no gas), and it stores easy for the winter, and I don't need to insure it, and I also like the company - myself and all my alternate personalities. [bobhappy]
[signature]