Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Not Too Shabby
Buddy and I hit R.P. this A.M., started trolling 0815..at 0830, barely getting my planer board pole out, there goes the planer board, jumping around, and 'fish on'...nice 16"er....Rainbows today....4 or 5 other boats on water all morning, maybe a dozen shore fishers scattered all around the pond....I boated 2 more off the planer, and 3 off the D.R., which was set about 11/12' deep...seeing fish deeper, but this was the depth they were hitting....gold Jakes worked best for me on D.R., and silver/black Rapala's were best on my planer....buddy boated 1 on Jakes, and 1 on silver/red Needlefish...all boated were 16 to 161/2"....nice looking, healthy fish...Guluk...
[signature]
Thanks Joe, I guess I need to break away from these Catfish and look for some trout. I haven't had any for the smoker in a long while.

rj
[signature]
Hey Richard -- I think these would be good smoker size....it'd be good to see you out there sometime..Weather permitting, I'll be there one day next week, and then who knows after the duck season starts.....I bought my first kayak this summer, mainly for the duck season, and this thing is fun! So this time of year, when fish are higher, or early Spring, I just may try it trolling with a rod or two instead of a shotgun...
[signature]
With either weapon you will like using the kayak. You can easily hide the yak in the grass or use it as a layout. I liked fishing from my yak; never had to worry about a prop hitting rocks. It's perfect for slow trolling. Either way you will have fun.
rj
[signature]