Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo on Thursday. Tips?
Headed to Echo Thursday. Have never fished it. Any general tips on best locations to start? Looking for perch and SMB from my kayak, so range will be less than a boat, more than a toon.
[signature]
From what I have heard the fish are headed deeper. They want to be in their comfort zone. Access is great at the state park for your yak. I would join you, but sulfur creek in Wyoming is calling my name to catch those unwanted walleye. If your yak is heavy, definitely will want to launch at the park. Good luck.
Gabe
[signature]
On the east shore, inbetween the two parks, there is an Inlet called grass creek. The point on the north side of this inlet has some good smallie structure with both shallow and deep pockets to check. It well within reach of your yak. The area between the launch and that point are some good pockets to watch for perch as you work over to the point.

Going north of the old marina, still on the east side, the bank is line with a lot of rap that use to hold a lot of bass, but they may have moved deeper off it. Still well worth checking.

The west side has some great structural location under the viewpoint, but that a long way across

I was talking to a guy who was working ned rigs last week before the storm and having success.

Let us know how ya do.
[signature]