Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's
Haven't heard much about Henry's Lake recently. Anyone know anything? I usually take my dad from Pocatello up about this time of year. Any help would be great.
[signature]
Two days ago we struggled all morning to find fish. Then it was like a light switch turned on and we caught 7 in a half hour around 1:00 pm. Then we had to go. We were using light olive crystal buggers on type 2 line. One of Bill Schiess patterns.
[signature]
I was up there about ten days ago and trolled out of Wild Rose and we nailed 15 between the three of us. Most were 16-22" but I had one that cleaned my clock and broke off... We got a mix of brookies, hybrids and Cutties... We found the same thing as the last post a time band from 8:30 to 11:00 where the fishing was hot and then it shutoff and we never touched another fish...

I have heard of big fish coming from bait fishing, but we like to troll and I know the fish are smaller, but we seem to get plenty of action and it's fun when the fish almost pull the pole out of your hand on the hits... Good luck and have fun, fall is the best time for Henry's in my opinion, and I like ice too, but I love the fall's up there... Later Jeff
[signature]
Thank you for the heads up. I'm thinking we will be headed up there this Monday and Tuesday or the following week. Trying to find a couple days early in a week with better weather. I'll let you know how we do. Thanks again!
[signature]
Weather could get bad at anytime but I'm seeing some nice fish being posted by the floatilla guys!
[signature]
Hey Jeff, I'm heading up soon as we finish potato harvest. Last time I trolled up there we did good with big black mepps or panther Martin's, and black and gold Rappalas. What did you find to work? I'm taking some new farmer friends for there first time at Henry's. I hope it doesn't freeze first. We still have over a week of digging spuds.
[signature]
Randy you should be fine for ice it’s usually November before we get enough cold to lock it up. I think the cold will help you by thinning the weeds too. That’s better for trolling. We used koke gear with a dodger and squid. White squid and a pink dodger worked best for me. I tip the squid with pink gulp maggots. Best of luck. Jeff

Ps. I trolled along the weed edge as close as I could hang without getting in the weeds.
[signature]
Thanks Jeff, I just got a new bunch of squids. Thanks for the tip. I will be taking the same guys up on the ice when it dose freeze.
[signature]
Maybe I’ll see you up there. We usually try an early ice trip. See if we can keep from falling through. Seems like Henry’s gets ice a month before we get any good ice fishing down this way so it’s always fun to break the ice with that trip. Good luck. J
[signature]
It won't freeze before mid November.
[signature]
It certainly has in the past....
[signature]
Fished Monday and Tuesday. Fishing was good caught probably around 50 between my dad and I. Unfortunately, nothing with any real size like previous years the biggest was around 3lbs. Most were around 16" to 18". Did catch one nice and colored up Brookie around 2.5 pounds. Probably would have caught more but we had trailer tire issues in Rexburg so we didn't start fishing until 1pm on Monday. Tuesday called it quite after 330 because of the wind. We fished State and the Cliffs on Monday and Tuesday fished County, Pintail and Hybrid Hole. Everything was random. Caught fish shallow and deep. I had the impression the big fish are still out deep but who knows. I never saw anyone catch anything with some real size although I'm sure some did. Thank you responding to my post. Good luck!
[signature]
Frozen this morning- ice on my than half of the lake! Once we broke through via wild rose fishing was pretty good to us.
[signature]
Good looking crew and fish ironrod. Saw some guys pics where they were trolling in the lane they cut through the ice! Looked chilly!
[signature]
Headed up that way tomorrow. Has the warmer weather helped out with the ice at all? Where's the best place to launch right now? Haven't taken my boat up there for a few years. Thanks to all in advance.
[signature]
County Boat dock . Now called Frome Park . It is free , no cost .
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Got up there and decided on Wild Rose because someone said the docks were pulled everywhere else. With our boat it’s tough to load without something like that.

As for the fishing; we stayed for two full days and the fishing was excellent. I’d heard mixed reports beforehand, but it was amazing. Nothing with any real big size, but a lot of decent fish. Only disappointment was not catching a Brookie. I’m sure we were in the wrong place. I hadn’t fished there in years so was just kind of winging it.

Thinking of going back up when the ice sets up. Any pointers for the Brooke trout up there?
[signature]
During ice fishing cut bait works pretty good for Brookies .
[signature]
Looking at the forecast . I think we are going to have an early ice fishing season . Most of my ice fishing stuff is in my truck right now . I think maybe next weekend . I will keep you posted .
[signature]
Be safe and keep us posted!
[signature]