Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview tips appreciated
We are heading up to Liberty to work on a family cabin on Saturday. My son and I decided that we would take the boat and try our luck on Pineview for muskies. We have not done it before and are trying to glean tips from this site on tips and tricks. One question I have is the best time of day. We are not sure if morning or evening would be better. I wish we could spend the day but will only have 2 or 3 hours. Any thoughts would be great no matter how vague they may be while protecting the “secret”.

Thank you all for all your posts and stories that allows me to learn and laugh at your stories.
[signature]
Not much chatter on this right now anywhere I look or those I talked to that chase them. Wish I could help ya. Let us know, you might end up being the best, recent fishing report for PV.
[signature]
I'm heading up in two weeks, its been three years since I've fished there.
My suggestion is fish close to structure, especially weed beds. Rocky points and brush shore lines. Watch for bait fish, perch and crappie.
Morning and evening of course.
Sometimes they can be in very shallow water. They are not afraid of the boat, isn't that funny. If you troll run the boat fast, 2 mph or faster.
Good luck
[signature]
Agreed with above.

If the water temp is warmer, morning will be better most of the time. IF the water temp is cooler, evening is often better.

Lots of SMB showing up right now along the rocks. But, for Tigers, they will be wherever there is food.
I don't fish for muskie, but I've always seen them in what I call Muskie Cove on the north side of Cemetery Point.

I've also learned that reeling in a crappie will often result in a toothy surprise.

Weather may be an issue Saturday. Pay close attention.
[signature]
Suggestions would be different for you depending on if you have a water craft of some sort or if you are ashore fishing. Obviously, being mobile opens up options - the more water you can cover in the amount of time you have to fish, the more possible success you can experience.

Check carefully the weather for Huntsville tonight - looks like rain and a good breeze (nice combination for toothy critters). If you can't fish the exact weather, the aftermath of that can also still produce results. Look for the windswept aspect of the shallower structure just off the shores, points or significant humps - that's where the groceries got blown to - that's also where the shoppers look for the bargains. Get there as early as you can after the (weather) sales event or all the good stuff will be off the shelfs and gone.
[signature]
Thank you for the tips. We will watch the weather close. We do have a boat we will be using. If the weather does cooperate I will post this beginners experience.
[signature]