Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peaceful Perching.
The Galaxy spun just right and the stars lined up. The wind blew from the perfect direction while the temperature hovered just so as the barometer settled on the exact pressure for a Perch party at one of my frequent watering holes. Named appropriately Houndly haven years ago when my hounds decided it was a fine place to soak.

The locals were whispering about who knows what - none of my business really anyway. The looked on with meaning full glances for a while as I slipped into position to enjoy the morning. After inspecting my intentions they slid away with nary a sound.

I dropped a line in with a hand painted jig head in yellow with sparkles and a plastic I colored like a 60's tie-dyed T-shirt and it was Perch time. Within just a moment I felt that little tug. Hoping it would be the anticipated green and yellow stripped fish I wanted for the fixins at home I lifted I ultra light rod with 2 pound line and it bent over just right. Not the biggest one but a good start at the school hunkering just below the surface. Got that in the basket and the rinsed the jig and repeated for a few hours. Most fish were released but kept a few nice fillets - the others were smallish but that's ok. Neglected to count how many or to weigh or measure them.

Started about 7 a.m. and left about 10 a.m. satisfied with another Perch day at Utah lake.
[signature]
I can see ya all camoed up putting the sneak on your spot with a couple direwolves following ya in. You give perching a whole new meaning
[signature]
If you can see me, the camo is not working.
[signature]