Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer creek 10-5
My bro in law and I took the kids out looking for some fish action. We hit deer creek at about 7:30. The air temp was about 25 and the water temp was a balmy 59. We trolled from the south state ramp up the south east side to the island. We threw almost everything we had at them. We finally pulled out at 11:30 with only boating five little planters. They all hit a rainbow rapala long lined out the back of the boat.
I’d sure like to figure out this body of water... Maybe next year
[signature]
With the water so high in DC this year, the trolling has been terrible. I have not had much luck at all. I sort of avoided DC this year. Although one fellow I bumped into caught his limit in 30 minutes.

Not sure what others have really experienced though.
[signature]
Do you use a fish finder and downriggers while trolling?
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
We were up there the same day, but hit the water a bit before noon. Picked up about the same as you reported, with one decent bow. Our best success was towards Charleston in about 25 FOW, long lining it also.

Silver spoon was the most successful. Rapalas, spinners, and other spoons were all tried, and only got one on a rapala.

The wind beat us up on the way in during the afternoon.
[signature]
We were using downriggers and a helix 7. We Marked a bunch of fish in deeper water but they all had lockjaw!
[crazy]
[signature]
As stated above try the shallower end. The water will cool faster on the north end which might pull the fish up to feed. I know people like to start bait fishing by the inlet this time of year.

Also the unsettled weather during the week may have had them turned off too.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.