Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes there are still big Crappie in Pineview
Figured it was the last day of the week, that the weather looked good, I have not been to Pineview this year, and after previous reports of small Crappie and Pearch, i was not expecting much in the way of Fishing. I did need to run Stabil thru the boat motor, so at the last minute i decided to skip work. Glad i did perfect weather, beautiful scenery and the big Crappie, bit all day. So they are still there. Brought home 19, I thought i had 20, hope the weather allows me another visit soon, if not there is always ice season.
[signature]
Nice slabs.
[signature]
Really glad to see those. Thanks for giving us hope...
Are they from deep water suspended fish??
Did you see any 3 footers cruising around..
[signature]
they were caught in 42 to 47 feet of water, no Muskies visually spotted today. The graph showed fish at all depths.
[signature]
That is great to see, it was hard to believe all the big ones were gone, so I'm so glad you proved me wrong. I figured if I made a statement like that someone would prove me wrong.[Wink] Any big perch?
[signature]
no big perch, all dinks and i did catch 3 or 4 small crappie at first too, but changed my tactics, that made all the difference.
[signature]
Always smart to change tactics, when things are working. Sounds like we were fishing too shallow.
[signature]
pm sent
[signature]
Thanks for the info, I tried to reply but you have your PM's blocked.
[signature]
Well done. You must have an understanding family. My wife would be seeing red if I laid fish on the counter like that. Guarantee new counter tops would be the only forgiveness.
[signature]
Nice crappie and good job. They used to be a lot bigger in pineview. Back when the tiger musky were new to the lake, it was common to catch 15 to 16 inch crappies. I sure miss those days.
Gabe
[signature]
Nice catches! I will try next week. Hopefully our tactics work ok. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
[signature]
Seeing these slabs is sure good news for those of us worried about size of the current stock. But I am afraid my bank rigs are going to be unhelpful if the are off shore and down 40. Doubt I can rig a slip rig for that. Oh well, means I got to get serious about finishing up my boat rebuild.
[signature]
How was launching? Heard there weren't docks.
[signature]
I'm curious to know what tactics you switched to. The last 2 years I've switched to every thing I could think of.

Love to hear what worked for you! PM me.....Your pm is blocked.

Thanks much!!
i have already, promised her new counter tops. [Smile]
[signature]
launching is fine, it is true no docks, you will have to beach your boat.
[signature]
yeah i messed with my profile a few weeks back, must of got carried away, its fixed now. thanks
[signature]
I'm headed up to hunt musky and those pesky crappie.
Going Wednesday for a late morning bite.
Thanks for your advice, my friend.
[signature]
I went up chasing the big Crappie after my local angling shop showed me your post. I’m curious if you have any suggestions on locating them. I have a kayak and electronics. I did see the big schools, but all I had were small nibbles and two smaller crappie up to the boat.

Thanks for any help.
[signature]