Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday musky hunt
Took my to grand kids out this morning to Pineview. Arrived at 10 o'clock easy launch. Good looking morning about 8 other boats today. Pay station was boarded up, no way to pay, Free.
That's true there is no docks but easy beach landing and boarding. (Muirco).
See picture of dock at 10 am.
By 10:35 up to a 20 mph wind, that's an ugly word for my 16 ft aluminum craft. Jetted over to cemetery point north side but could not deal with the wind. Headed to the north beach and fish for 2 hours, dragging my usual favorites , saw a few big fish on the sonar in about 24 ft. Heard them laugh at me...
Latter wind let up a little, went back to the north side of cemetery point and watched a bass boat catch on good smallie, but the wind still was a pain. Beautiful morning and the kids were great and had fun anyway.
Saw some small schools maybe crappie but wind prevented me from hovering.
About 2 o'clock the wind got bigger as a front came in from the north. Picture shows time to get out.

I think I'll hit strawberry for the boys to have some catching,
[signature]
Thanks for the report and pics, even though the catching wasn't happening at least the kids look like they are happy. What area were you marking those likely schools of crappie?
[signature]
Two spots, just off cemetery point on the southside straight off the sandy swim beach. Then off the rocky shore on the north side of cemetery point. The were small schools kinda scattered. Not sure what they were. About 25 to 28 feet.
[signature]
What areas did you find them?
[signature]