Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry.....Be Careful
Fished Strawberry today 10/25. Be careful If you launch from Renegade and a few boats have launched before you. It makes for a ICY slick ramp. Also the ramp dock needs to be moved out further but I doubt it will be moved before they decide to take it out of the water for the year. The water level has dropped and it's a little harder getting in or out of your boat. There is about a 3ft drop from the top of the dock to the water. My fishing buddy came close to falling in the water.

Fishing was good, 2 bows and the rest slot cutts. Love the way the bows jump out of the water. One of them about jumped into the boat. The wind never completely shut off but did calm down for awhile. It was a nice sunny day but cold in the morning. Lot of boats too, parking lot was full of trucks and trailers.

I hope it warms up a little by next week.
[signature]
I was there, was the first boat in the water.
we got 4 rainbows, trolling, a lot of cuts it is hard to count left at 12:30
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up!
[signature]
When we fished it on Tuesday the main docks were still in the water, just north of the ramp dock. We used the main docks to get in and out of the boat and had no issues at all.
[signature]
at Renegade with the boat dock so high in the water you had to step down to get in the boat.
The courtesy docks are still in the water, that is where I put the guy of to pick up my truck. and that worked good because they are even with the boat.

I think the water is down about 10 feet. from its high point this year.

here is a picture of tubes I used they worked good.

most of the boats were jigging, I would like to know if they caught as many fish as we did trolling.

it slowed down a lot for us at 11 am from 11 to 12:30 we only got 25 fish
we had 5 lines out 4 on downriggers one lead line it was out 80 feet to 120 feet back
run a home made brades lure and green dodger on it using worms, ( had chub meat ) worms worked better on every thing.

on downriggers
was using two tubes, one billed green and white squid (no dodger) the last line had a 4" green dodger wedding ring I made green spinner green white and blue beads and the wedding ring in the middle. all were catching about the same.

sometimes we would have fish on all 5 poles .

speed was 2 mph every 2 min would cut it to 1 mph for 30 sec.

on the down riggers no set back was more than 30 feet
was fishing in water that was 45 to 35 feet deep. saw a lot of fish that were deep but they did not bite as good as the ones up high.

no boats were by us so where they were fishing there must have been fish.
[signature]
That's the same colored jig I've been using my last 3 trips to Strawberry. My friend was using a watermelon colored jig with red flakes. We fished from 8 til almost noon. We boated well over 50 and probably lost just as many but kept the 2 rainbows for dinner. It was constant action from start to finish. From watching the weather reports that just might be my last trip for the year. Although I hate to quit when the fishing has been so good.
[signature]
How deep were you fishing your downriggers?
[signature]
[quote ZugBug]How deep were you fishing your downriggers?[/quote]

down 15 feet seemed to be the best.
sometimes we would put the ball down to 30 feet bring it up to 10 feet and hook a fish
[signature]