Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 10\26
Got out to the north marina about 10 and fished until 1:30. I'd been down to the Tubetorium a few days ago for a hands on painting lesson (thanks Pat). Picked up some Santee floats and a couple fligs with propellers while I was there. I dragged a fire tiger Santee rig on one rod and a fire tiger flig on the other. Both were tipped with marinated perch pieces. Fishing wasn't fast and furious, but it was steady. Score for the day was a dozen or more kitties. Today the Santee rig out fished the flig two to one. Go back tomorrow and it might be the opposite. Water temperature is down to 50 degrees. Still a ways to hard water, but it's moving in that direction.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Glad you could come down for a show and tell session. Hope you learned something useful. Happy to hear the new Santee flavors worked. I knowed they would. Just haven't had a chance to try them my ownself. If you buy the slip floats you are pretty much limited to a couple of colors. As we know, there are other colors the Willard fishies like too.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]How do you like the ringed eyes...as opposed to running the line through and pegging? I'll be expanding my color options before next summer.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Pat, I'm torn between eyes versus pegs. Eyes create two additional knots to fail, but they're easy to set up at the right depth. Pegs are even easier to change distances, but I've had several this summer become unusable when the slot expanded from wear and treat of fighting fish. Thanks again for the lesson. Soon my house will smell like your bedroom
[signature]
"Soon my house will smell like your bedroom"

[#0000FF]Whoa. Ya gotta know that some of our "creative" members gonna have some fun with that statement. Just for the record, the painting was done in an extra bedroom...downstairs...differment than MY bedroom. Second, the smell was the paints we were using, not the residuals of last night's burritos.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]About the difference between peg and ring...I make both. I have some of the larger Santee floats...in all the fave colors...but with a center tube for running the line through. A regular toothpick will suffice for pegging. See the pic "Big Bait Foamies" below.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]