Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Saturday 26 Jig trolling
Put in at main marina, as it might be faster to speed the boat to renegade area, not sure. Never know about docks at Renegade. Main marina, no pay envelopes, locked bathrooms, took that as no pay required. 2 launching docks, was good considering wind.

Probably a 50 fish day with two of us. 5 rainbows, several just off the truck. Wind made it difficult,otherwise we could have slow trolled and thrown jigs.

Where was bay west of Renegade launch. Also farthest east bay from Renegade worked as well.

Everything worked, flasher squid, jointed floating rainbow Rapala, jointed greenish shad rap, white 2.5 inch 1/4 oz tube jig, tipped with piece of worm had to be tipped. What was amazing was we trolled, and jig probably did the best trolled. We were juicing everything with a pro brand scent, and that seemed the ticket, everytime we reletout with new scent usually got a quick hit.
[signature]
Great post and pic. Maybe I'm slow to figure out your statement but what did you mean by, "several just off the truck"?
[signature]
Would that be the hatchery truck?
[signature]
LOL, yea I bet your right, that makes sense. For some reason I was thinking he was talking about backing his boat down the ramp and and someone was casting out from the back of the truck as he was launching[crazy].
[signature]
Planters with rubbed off fins, just a guess
[signature]