Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Upgrade, rod holder and fish finder advice
Little late getting in on this thread, but thought I would put my 2cents worth in. I found a small company that makes custom Rod holders that are very much like the Driftmaster brand. The Company is Hills Rod Holders ( hillsrodholders.com ). They make 3 different angles, height, and the holders are removable. Check them out, think you will be impressed. Nice looking ride, enjoy. By the way, nothing wrong with red, I would prefer blue, but don't know anyone that makes a blue boat,so I am stuck with red also !!!
I’m not sure how to drain the lower unit. Are there any good videos you are aware of that show how to do that?
[signature]
I would have preferred blue also but this was a good deal I couldn’t pass up. Do the Hill rod holders have a way to attach them to the versatrack system in Tracker boats? I didn’t see anything obvious on their website.
[signature]
It is a simple job to change the oil and filter of the motor. It is even more simple to change the lube in the lower unit. I'm sure that there are many videos on Utube, but here are the instructions in my owner's manual.
Chaning engine oil:
[inline IMG_0852.JPG]

Lower unit gear lube: you pump the lube into the bottom hole until you see it come out the top. Plug the top vent hole, remove pump, then plug bottom hole.
[inline IMG_0854.JPG][inline IMG_0853.JPG]
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
One thing that Burley didn't mention is that he attached a crutch for one to hold onto when stepping down from the bow. Without that crutch one will grab the windshield for support and it isn't meant to support the weight of a person.
[signature]
Thanks Kent for the reminder. The crutch is real handy. Fly_fishing_nut, you can always find one at the DI. Makes for a sturdy handrail. I also made a handrail(seen in background) to aid getting on and off the boat for my older passengers. It is made from pieces of chainlink fencing parts and mounted to short lengths of unistrut that attaches to the versatrack.

[inline "Hand rails.JPG"]

[inline Scanners.JPG]
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue