Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitchen Knife Set
What is your favorite knife? My wife inherited a Cutco collection of kitchen knives that dates back to the 1950's, company established in 1949. After showing the knives to some of the current reps we have been informed that this set is the original design. These were purchased by my wife's mother whom got them from a door to door salesman back in the day. For what sold for about $150 then these are priced today of a lot higher value. These are a good quality knife and we use these on a daily basis still. Cutco reps also recommended to us to send the knives back to the company to re-sharpen the blades. Under normal circumstances the company would remove the handles, polish and sharpen blades and replace handles with newer ones. In this case we were told to send a note with the knives "not to replace" our knives leaving handles intact as is. So we did and the cost to us was only shipping both ways and insured. I really love this collection and now we have occasionally added newer updated knives from Cutco for other purposes.
[signature]
I have a Cutco fillet knife and I will put it up against any fillet knife out there. Dangerously sharp and fillets a fish like no other.
[signature]
The Cutco filet knife is one I don't have but been eyeing it for a long while knife. I know of someone who keeps one on his boat at all times and I have used it. I have been using a 9" Buck fileting knife for over 10yrs now and happy with it. It stays in the boat. A knife sharpener is a must also.
[signature]