Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INAPPROPRIATE ADS
All I get are fishing related, cars and outdoor related adds. Oh, and the same "slab crappies below a dam" story I've been getting for years.
[signature]
I am pretty sure the ads are from info. that you have searched, I get ads for things here in Florida and also fishing related items that I have searched. soooooo....maybe be careful what you search for and then you won't get ads for those things, and wife won't get mad at you.[Wink]
[signature]
I can look at it.. the good news is I heard the new site is not going to have any ads.. You can tell them that.

YOu probably don't want to tell this but as you know a lot of times ( not every time) but if he or his wife has searched a specific item on the internet the computer picks up on that and then will show related ads. :-(

I will see what i can change in google.. but you can share that very soon with the new site there will be no ads, is what they tell me

[Smile]
[signature]
the solution is pretty easy. Open Google and do a search for a lawn mower, fly line, dell computer, or chainsaw. Your ads will change to more "appropriate" content.
[signature]
That is true, sort of. I search for and buy lots of things and for a day or two related adds will show up. Then, mysteriously the bad ones return.

I never search for anything related to women who seemingly can't afford the rest of their apparel. My wife sometimes searches for women's clothing on the same computer, but she says those ads I'm seeing aren't realated to women's clothing. I think she is right, just another kind of spam.
[signature]
Maybe somone fixed it. Today I'm getting adds for hot water heaters, which I haven't shopped for LOL and mercury seal kits which I have been buying.
[signature]
Couldn’t agree more. I hate the inappropriate ads! Thing that I am most disappointed in about this site.
[signature]
And agree about the filth. This is the only site I see it, and we are about fishing!
Wow!!, I am getting old ,never noticed until now. I guess I am in the minority here, I just don't look .
[signature]
I just went to Getadblock.com and downloaded their free adblocker...the crap is gone!
[signature]
I had the same problem with annoying ads and decided to do something about it. I am not advertising for any adblocker company but I use chrome and installed adblock plus with the extension. It's free and it took me less than 1 minute to install is and the ads instantly disappeared! I actually decided that this would be worth sharing since I am not a computer expert and it wend so smoothly for me. I joined BFT to be able to pass it along. I have been reading for years but never posted until now. I hope to be able to chime in once in a while. Thanks
[signature]
I'll just chime in one last time...

adblockplus is fine but it doesn't catch everything - and the ad folks have figured out how to defeat it.

uBlock Origin is smaller, takes fewer CPU resources, is faster, and blocks EVERYthing.
[signature]
Welcome aboard Fishful and thanks! I installed it and it was as easy and effective as you said. If it fails over time I'll take a look at uBlock Origin as Rocky recommended.

Thanks for your help!
[signature]