Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake
They are ice fishing at State Park 3" of solid ice . Minus 8 last night . Predicting minus 11 tonight.
[signature]
How much snow is there I hope not much yet I need to board up my cabin still
[signature]
Thanks Curt,
Man that really beat my prediction of mid-November... it will be fished out by the time I make it up there this year... Have fun and stay safe... Jeff
[signature]
3 to 4 inches .
[signature]
Well looks like I’m bagging my trip there this year. Can’t make it until Black Friday and fishing will be terrible by that time. So much for that global warming horse crap!!!
[signature]
For me personally...it was good well after black Friday last year.
[signature]
True, but it didn’t freeze ‘till a lot later last year. By Thanksgiving this year it will be almost a month old. Way too late for fast fishing.
[signature]
Curt what's your thoughts on the ice lasting up there? It's getting warmer down here and I doubt our ice is going to last through the week, but it's considerably cooler up Henry's way... Hope it stays safe and get's thicker... Later Jeff
[signature]
I think it will stay safe .
[signature]
Jeff, I was there this morning. I fish over just past Staley Springs, I think it's called. 5 inches of ice. I was in 9 feet of water. It was immediate action on a chartreuse foxy jig tipped with a small 1/2" chunk of sucker meat. Because the trigger on my jaw jacket froze up it gave me time to drill two more holes and I got a chartreuse paddle bug with a chunk of sucker meat. And then a 3" white tube jig with sucker meat. And they were all catching fish. As soon as I would jig a pole it would get a bite. Then I'd try the next pole. They seemed to like short 2" jigs up and down better than dead sticking it. They were swallowing all the hooks down and within the hour I had to keep two nice three pound Cutts that I just didn't want to cut the line on. I never had time to sit down the whole hour, one bite after another.
They are hungry. Only caught one brook trout 14 inches.
[signature]
Thanks Curt, if we get time I’ll be giving you a holler before we head that direction. Thanks Jeff
[signature]
Randy that sounds like the perfect day. Now I’m really feeling bad about not making it. Thanks for sharing that trip with me. I’ve that picture I cold feel the chill. Thanks Jeff
[signature]
Lots of people out on the ice yesterday. Ice was 6" thick at State Park. Noticed lots of fish being caught everywhere, typical for right after the freeze.
[signature]
I didn't actually measure the ice just guessed at least 5". Safe for snowmobile, although I didn't see any. Not that many people over on the other side of the lake. That's why I drive over there. It's another 30 minutes past State park.
[signature]
Hit it again Tuesday. The bite is still on! I drilled 3 holes but only got two poles in the water. And I gave up on trying to use two poles because as soon as my lure and bait touched bottom I would get a bite. Chartreuse foxy jigs and paddle bugs worked equally, topped with a small chunk of sucker meat.
[signature]
Way to go Randy, had another friend up there yesterday and he did well as well... congrats... Guess I ought to rearrange my plans and try to get up there while the bite is on... Thanks for a great report... Jeff
[signature]
Going to fish it for the first time this season, Saturday .
[signature]
I'm trying to see if I can rearrange things, I'd love to make a trip up Friday or Saturday... trying to see if it can happen... Good luck... Jeff
[signature]
Does anyone know how the ice is holding up with the warm spell?
[signature]
I'll be up there Saturday I'm thinking about getting on by the Hatchery, where do you like to fish at Henrys?
[signature]