Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 11/5 with photos
Launched at Marina at first light. Air temp was low 20's water at low 40's. Only saw a few other boats on the water. Hardly any wind at all most of the day - light breeze picked up around 1ish. Fished until about 4 PM .

Caught a bunch of fish - didn't count - never do. Lost a bunch more - a symptom of barbless hooks I'm afraid - doesn't matter though, I still have fun. One rainbow just at 20 inches that went aerial, a couple more around 16. My biggest fish of the day was 24+ inch cut with lots of shoulder that pulled drag down deep and put up a great fight. The rest were slots except one cut that was just under slot.

Most fish were suspended or cruising between 12 and 32 feet with many over deeper water. Fished Strawberry bay, the Island by ladders and chicken creek, and the Narrows. caught fish in all locations using tipped jigs or grubs. Tried several sweeteners - none showed to be a distinct preference. Marked a lot of fish cruising the mid water column - none down low or bunched at the bottom of known structure.

Talked to 2 other boaters that said they had less success trolling than they did the day before but had marked more fish suspended above deep water that did not want to play. And then another boater that had said they caught "disappointingly few fish" Fishing around Haws and over to Renegade.

My buddy just emailed me some photos of our outing.
[signature]
My fishing buddy sent some photos from his camera. Not sure why they did not post. OK, that's weird . Inline box used to behave differently I thought. Not sure what to make of that now

So that one photo "Like Glass" did not want to work. Try'n it again for testing purposes.
[signature]