Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick trip to Huntington North
I decided it was too nice a day to spend at home thinking about fishing, so I went.

I launched my tube at the State Park boat ramp around noon and made a lap around the reservoir by about 3:00. I used a fast sinking line and a size 6 bead head (white) tan tinsel body soft hackle and a size 8 bead head (copper) olive tinsel soft hackle on a jig hook. I fished for over an hour before I caught the first rainbow, a 14 incher. I went another hour before I hooked the next rainbow, an 18 incher. It was only about 15 minutes latter that I hooked the last rainbow, a 19 incher. I only had one other hit in the three hours of fishing.

The water temperature was 43-44 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 6'. The reservoir is 82% full and rising.

I was hoping to hook into the big wiper the DWR turned loose from their gillnets last month but no luck.[:/]

It was slow fishing but I had the whole pond to myself.[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Ya done good! [Smile]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Quality fish! Thanks for the report
[signature]
Your welcome.

The best part of the trip, no chubs.[Wink]
[signature]
Healthy looking fish
[signature]
Was that you on Huntington yesterday? We were in the red Lund boat and just giving it a tryout after some work on it. We did manage Five small bows. We were also hoping to get into the wipers or some of those 19 inch bows. Keep at it Bud. Gorgeous day on the water.
[signature]
[quote Buzzman55]Was that you on Huntington yesterday? Gorgeous day on the water.[/quote]

No, it wasn't me but it was the guy I was with on Sunday when we only caught one fish between us. He ended up with five rainbows over 18" and a few in the 15"-16" range.

I guess you just have to find them.[Wink]
[signature]