Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Demo and Senior Day
Some of you may have seen us mention putting together an ice fishing get together / demo day / senior day... The thought started as a day on the ice where we could help older fishermen that don't get a chance to get on the ice much anymore get a chance to get a day of ice fishing and visiting with fellow BFT'ers. It gets difficult for older folks to move on and off the ice and all the hassle associated with setting up for a day on the ice.. So we thought it would be good for those of us that can, would help set up the senior members.. I mentioned this to Jeremy at Sportsman's Warehouse and he was interested in helping with the day and perhaps setting up an ice fishing demo day as part of the event. Where we would showcase some of the ice fishing technology to others to check out and hopefully stir up sales for them as well as letting fishermen see what the tech does on the pond so they know what they are buying... So my question for you is if we did this in mid to end of January time frame on Hyrum dam, would you be interested in attending? helping seniors? helping with demo's? checking out technology? senior fishing? (P.S. we consider a senior anyone that could use some help on and off the ice.) (We could also do a new bee group that hasn't ice fished much and could use help setting up to ice fish..) Anyway please let me know if there is a real interest in doing this and we will push to organize it. Thanks Jeff
[signature]
I would be interested in helping out.
[signature]
I’ll help, sounds like a great time
[signature]
This may be something I'm interested in. Of course it would depend on finances at the time and what my wife has going on but with my disabilities this would definitely be a welcome day getting on and off three ice. So keep us posted and hopefully there is enough interest in sure catslayer would join me
[signature]
I would like to help and meet new people but then again I'm sure i would learn a few things [Wink]
[signature]
Thank you I’ll let you know. J
[signature]
Thanks I’ll let you know too. J
[signature]
Hope it will work for you. I think it should be fun. Jeff
[signature]
Be glad to have you join in. Thanks and if you have time we have a get together Wednesday at Holy Smoke in Layton at 5:00 PM you can meet some of the crew. Thanks Jeff
[signature]
Hey Jeff - I'd be in also....Yes, I do have my 'senior moments', but I'd be glad to help out anywhere, my 'elders' or any 'newbies'....Sounds like we were going to try this last season, and it sounds like a worthwhile event, so I'm hoping we can pull it off....Guluk...
[signature]
As I mentioned before I can't do it on a regular basis but yet I'm not completely incapacitated. I have issues with arthritis and dirty air inversion. I have some ice fishing equipment, a manual auger, couple of rods, FFinder. I'm in for a day and it doesn't matter where at, Hyrum is as good as any place else.
[signature]
I could probably come it sounds like a good time.
[signature]
I'm a senior. I need all the help I can get!!
[signature]
Jeff I would be interested in helping ,I got a sled and a strong back to help with transferring people and or gear .
[signature]
I'll help. I have plenty of ways to help. I also appreciate our fishing group for hosting so many disabled veterans in joining us for a fishing day. I'm resourceful in being able to help our disabled veterans overcome challenges to fishing, so I invite them to join us and ask us to get that message to them. Even with it no longer being organized with busing them to our events, I can pick up some who are near my area.
[signature]
I'm in
[signature]
Anytime meeting up with fellow BFT members is fun. And I could sure use the help pulling my sled on and off the ice. count me in
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Hey everyone, I'm very guilty for not being able to answer each one of you, but I appreciate your offers of help and interest in this event. I will work to set something up and pass on a status as we get things going... Next step will be to work with the state parks and fish and game to get their buy in and help, so let you know how that goes... Thanks Jeff
[signature]