Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle or Deer Creek?
I’m going out on the Hobie Kayak Sunday morning. I can’t decide between going for some the browns at Jordanelle or go after a bunch of bows at DC!

Anyone hit Jordanelle in the last little while? I can’t find any first hand info on how it is right now. Just the general fishing report is all I can find. Hearing a lot of good things about deer creek right now.
[signature]
Don't waste your time at Jordanelle, wiperslayer and I were up there yesterday and did not catch a single brown or any trout for that matter. We marked very few fish either and we fished all over the lake, won't try that again anytime soon.[:|]
[signature]
Every time I drive by, last time was Wednesday, I hardly ever see any boats on the water. It fished well for Kokes but haven't heard or read any good reports since Koke season ended.
[signature]
[quote SummerHummer]I’m going out on the Hobie Kayak Sunday morning. I can’t decide between going for some the browns at Jordanelle or go after a bunch of bows at DC![/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Look at my Rockport report about fishing there yesterday (Nov 8). It is on fire for rainbows right now.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Now I know why no one is fishing there, we saw a few boats out, likely running their boat one last time for the year, two other boats trolling and one bass fisherman. It was a nice day though, after a chilly start.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]It was a nice day though, after a chilly start.[/quote][size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]We started at 9:45 AM and the air was a nice 41*F.
There is absolutely no reason to get there at oh dark thirty and freeze to death Curt.
[Wink][/#][/font][/size]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Deer Creek it is then. I'll head up tomorrow morning and see what I can get into. I thought about Rockport but I'm tired of driving!

I had a pretty fun time at Jordanelle this summer catching wipers but could never really get into any trout. I was hoping things would change in the fall. I guess not?
[signature]
[quote dubob][/quote][size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000] There is absolutely no reason to get there at oh dark thirty and freeze to death Curt.
[Wink][/#][/font][/size][/quote]

There is when it's not my turn to drive, Ira chose the time and place.
[signature]
Man, went to Deer Creek instead of Jordanelle because I wanted to catch fish and caught nothing!

Not even a bite. Tried trolling around with a dodger and swapped out different colors of squid tipped with worm. Tried Rapalas, Marabou jigs, even threw out some power bait. I talked to a guy at the south boat ramp that got into them and he told me I needed to be at the northern side(island beach ramp?)and troll east to west and I’d knock the piss outta them. I mainly stayed on the south end of the lake.

I might make another run at it this week if I can find the time. Any recommendations on where to focus would be appreciated.
[signature]
The North is the place I would fish, from where the river comes in down the West shore about a 1/2 mile or so, the East side down from the river can be good as well to the Island but it's shallow on that side, so you have to stay in water that is at least 10 to 15 ft deep or deeper. Good luck.
[signature]