Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trial Lake Ice
First trip to the hard deck was fun. Packed (for a Friday), but fun. Couldn't keep em off in the quick 3 hours we were there. Small ratso in chartreuse glow tipped with wax worm did the trick. Bottom was loaded with rainbows, middle held tigers and grayling were on top. They seemed to like jigging over dead stick. Lost track of how many we caught. Oh, and the ice is slicker than a turd on linoleum!
[signature]
Very nice. I'm a bit jealous.
[signature]
[quote ru22dizzle]First trip to the hard deck was fun. Packed (for a Friday), but fun. Couldn't keep em off in the quick 3 hours we were there. Small ratso in chartreuse glow tipped with wax worm did the trick. Bottom was loaded with rainbows, middle held tigers and grayling were on top. They seemed to like jigging over dead stick. Lost track of how many we caught. Oh, and the ice is slicker than a turd on linoleum![/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Can you clarify 'packed?' [Smile] Also, how THICK is the ice; inquiring minds want to know. [cool][/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
By the time we left there were about 12 people, and everyone was set up about 25 yards from each other. It was more than I expected for a Friday, and that main parking lot was pretty full. Ice was a solid 5 inches, and it was barking a lot!
[signature]
[Image: 8tvQ8GJ.jpg?1]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Awesome you were on the ice already, I did miss ice fishing last winter and I’ll miss it again this year. But I’d rather be in the warmth on the boat.
[signature]
My daughter has a friend that was up there today. Said they caught over 80 between the two of them. Sounds like a trip is in order. From the picture, it would seem the fish are pretty small.
[signature]
You won't catch monsters by any means, but they are super pretty and there are a lot of them.
[signature]
It's all about perspective. At the end of the day a fat 12"er looks like a real lunker.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks for the update. I always feel a little worired with 5" of ice. Great pic.
[signature]
Understandable. It was barking like crazy too. O heard that it was 6-7in as of yesterday.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I put a tape measure on it and it was 7" where I was drilling holes.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Seems like it's growing an inch a day. Seems plenty safe to me. Heck before long we'll be hearing reports of people out on 3-3.5" [shocked].
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

No thin ice reports from me this year
[signature]
Sweet!
I'm not really into ice fishing that much. However many years I've gotten a little in during November or rarely late October off Mirror Lake Highway. Usually it's pretty fast fishing and a lot of fun.
Thanks for the post.
[signature]