Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staying local.............
Wife and I went to Smith Family Pond again yesterday. Weather was nice, very light breeze, hardly enough to turn the windmills. Only 3 or 4 other bank tanglers when we got there.
There was a DNR Ranger out walking around the pond. Think he was checking someones license or ID, cuz he came back past us toward his truck just as we were getting there, then a few minutes later went back around the east side of the pond. About 10 min. later he came back towards us, stopped and exchanged pleasantries, then left. Never once asked for our licenses. My wife reminded me we had seen him once at the Bear River Bird Refuge boat ramp earlier this year. He had been with a more senior ranger, obviously in training. Maybe he recognized us and knew we had good licenses so didn't ask. [Wink]
Anyway, the catching was pretty steady. In the first 15 minutes I had landed 5 planter size rainbows. In the first hour I had a count of 12 and the wife had 3 [sly]. We were pitching small fligs with a half of a Gulp floating worm or half of a Gulp shad minnow, letting them settle a bit, thin slow retrieving. Seems I got a hit every or every other cast.
Nothing big, and all were good lip hooks on a small flig with the small barb bent down, so all were release relatively unharmed. I think we ended the day with 21 landed for me and 15 for the wife.
Was a enjoyable day outside in fair weather. Didn't take my camera, so no photos.

[fishon]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Nice Forest!
[signature]