Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear L 11-11-2019
We made our veterans day run on the big blue. Met up with Dallas(MRDSenior) who drove down from Ammon at the state park marina. As suspected there was rolling tidal swells but wind was absent this day. Couldn't have ask for a more beautiful day once the swells started to settle down as the morning progressed. We fished mostly the rockpile area and could find fish easily and when they were also on the move. There was not heavy boat traffic at all as we counted about a total of 5 other boats and all were scattered, a couple jigging and others trolling as we were. But there was a lack of catching as noted from what we saw with others on the water as with us. We would change up every 10-15 minutes of every lure we could throw in. Tipping with cisco meat or using Pugstones cisco scent. We were the only ones that ate good with a hot breakfast burrito to start with(oh yes, hands topped with cisco scent) [laugh] and later some hot BBQ pulled pork sliders. We wound down the day picking up the lure arsenal scattered in the back of the boat and headed back to marina noting how we just got out a$$es handed to us with both hands. [:/] Time to hit another lake to beat back the stench and enjoy the dessert some humble pie.
[signature]
I know the feeling. We were there Saturday and Sunday and had the same amount of luck. We did see one guy jigging doing well. We would mark fish but no takers. We also threw the whole tackle box at them.
Time will come when its on. Im wondering if the full moon has an effect on them. Ill be at it again soon though.
[signature]
We were there also yesterday morning. We were the ones in the 28' blue and white Boston Whaler. We only caught one measly cutthroat. Still, it was fun. We saw loads of fish from top to bottom, but they were absolutely stacked in the 70' depth. They definitely had a case of lockjaw!

Mike
[signature]
Definately remembered you being there, we was in the green/tan Columbia boat. It was a relaxing day as I might add.
[signature]
Glad you were able to get out and enjoy a beautiful day, hope you get them on the next trip
[signature]
28' that boat is huge. I bet you feel safe and secure on it
[signature]
Do you think the water temperature is still too warm?
[fishon][fishon]
[signature]
Fishing reports prior to us going was doing really good. If I remember right surface temp was about 46°. The lake trout spawn was winding down but the white fish spawn will be kicking in soon. Before you know it the Cisco run will be here but that still in the distance somewhat.
[signature]