Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Blitz this weekend
Hey going to hit Henry's out of the Wild Rose this weekend with the Ice Shanty crew, if any of you are up there and in the area drop by and say hello... I'll be in the Clam Nanook (blue and white on a smitty) with a smitty close by I'll try to fly the BFT flag as well.. most likely if I'm with the group it will look like a crowd, but say hey anyway and then fish away from the group.. if you like your fish less wary, if not, join us ... I'll Be there Friday and Saturday... Group is kind of a fun to visit to see some of the best ideas in ice fishing, kind of an unofficial trade show on ice... I've really enjoyed seeing the stuff these guys put together in the way of ice fishing, kind of like they are from the ice belt with the stuff they pull together.. I know I've gotten too many new ideas from them that have cost me more than I dare admit in front of my wife... Anyway would be fun to say hello... See ya there... Jeff
[signature]
[fishon] I looked at the Date and thought this post was from the 12th of January.
Since when can you Ice Fish on Henry's after the 1st of January? Good Luck with that. Didn't realize that this post was from the 12th of December. The Idaho BFT is not as active as the Utah BFT. [fishon]

Rob
[signature]
Wow that seemed like a lot longer ago than that, but I guess it was a month ago. Wish it was still open it was my best trip so far this ice season. Later Jeff
[signature]
I know how much you love Henry's so I want to share this video with you.

This was us fishing Henry's at the Cliffs right after Christmas. All the action came in 7' to 12' FOW. Nice they kept the water level at 100% full all year long. Lots of fun we caught a few brookies, cuts & the Hybrids. White paddle bugs or green seemed to work the best that week.

https://youtu.be/ShnLJb02aeM

My son finally got around to putting it all together.

Next summer I hope to see you up there.

Rob
[signature]
Hey that was fun. Those flopping fish reminded me that my first fish there this year almost took my fish finder down the hole with it. It got wrapped up in the transducer cable and I was scrambling to save it. Thanks and hope I can get up there next summer. Later Jeff
[signature]