Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Utah Waterfall Cutthroat action
Merry Christmas everyone! Caught a couple of Cutthroat out of a waterfall almost iced over in Southern Utah this weekend after I was almost skunked ice fishing at Navajo (where I caught a little stocker rainbow) and Panguitch! I was also skunked at Fish lake where the are only two spots of open water along the shore.

I'm sure some of you know where this waterfall is so I'm not even sure if I need to bother leaving it unnamed but I think it would be best to.

Anyway here is the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqoj0gxUo94
[signature]
Nice video and congrats on getting it done. Was walking down to that waterfall as bad as it looked? You seem to do the opposite of my monster hook sets.
[signature]
Looks like a great time. But I would agree that you'd probable have more success with a good hook set than just reeling in line with the strikes. I thought I recognized the location but when you stepped down to the falls I realized it wasn't where I thought it was. Below waterfalls can be a good spot any time of year.
[signature]
No the hike down wasn't too bad! And I do need to do some harder hook sets, I'd probably catch mpre fish! It also didn't help I was using an ice rod lol
[signature]
Well IDK, wasn't that ice fishing?
[signature]
Idk lol
[signature]