Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation - Haven't seen many reports all year, now I know why.
A couple of us hit Rabbit Gulch this morning in our tubes. It was a balmy single digit temperature with very little wind. There was some ice in the back of the bays but most of the reservoir is still open water. There was some skim ice when we started at 10:00 but was gone in less than an hour.

We used our usual fast sinking lines and bead head buggers and leeches in size 6 & 8. We only picked up one 19" rainbow and that was the only hit the two of us had. It was caught on a size 8 bead head (white bead) olive leech.

The water temperature was 34-36 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 11'. The reservoir level is almost 87% full so it may take a little more time to cap.

We did see a couple of shore anglers but were too far away to tell if they caught anything or not.

This has been the worst year I've had at Starvation, not sure if it's just me or if the fire upstream has had anything to do with it. I fished there 34 hours this year and only caught two rainbows and the rest of the fish were walleye and bass.[:/]

Happy New Year to everyone who contributes to this site.

Thanks for all the good information that is shared on BFT.[fishon]
[signature]
The quality looks decent, too bad the quantity wasn't a tad higher.
[signature]
Nice fish though. Thanks for the report
[signature]
Funny, isn't it? When I go to Starvie, I target the bass, perch, and walleye and consider it a waste if all I catch are those damn trout.
[signature]
Haha! I was thinking the same!

I will take advantage of the trout if I'm already there... They really are the best tasting rainbows!
[signature]
That’s what I like about Starvation. Most of the trout guys go to Strawberry. Then most of the Fishermen at Starvation are targeting Perch, Bass, and Walley. Not many of us go there just to target Rainbows. But it has some of the best Rainbows in the state right now.
[signature]
[quote RockyRaab]Funny, isn't it? When I go to Starvie, I target the bass, perch, and walleye and consider it a waste if all I catch are those damn trout.[/quote]

Hey, Rocky when I go to Starvation I'm just happy to catch anything.[Wink]
[signature]
I know, right?

Poor guy, cathin' all the walleyes....[Sad][Sad]

[Wink]
[signature]
Please note that I said I "target" perch, bass, and walleye. I did not claim that I catch them.
[signature]
Turn trout into this stuff, it's great. Eat all other fish for dinner.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/wil...ish-jerky/
[signature]