Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry 4 pounder
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]We made our first ice fishing trip to Strawberry yesterday and managed to land three different species. Cutts at the lower end of the slot limit, a koke, and a hefty bow. We fished in 50 ft water and saw fish throughout the water column on sonar. All fish caught were in the upper 25 ft of water. Anything deeper did not want to play no matter what we offered in size or sweetener. Numerous cutts were seen cruising just under the ice all day long. The koke and the bow were caught on the same Berkley atomic tube jig at 17 ft. The bow measured out at just over 23 inches and tipped the scale at 4 lbs exactly, biggest bow through the ice in ten years of ice fishing at the berry. Ice is 5 inches thick and clear. Water is also clear and we could see our jigs down to 15 ft. Road to the marina is a bit of a rough drive.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
Wow, that's a nice rainbow! What color Atomic Teaser did you use? Any sweetener? How far out did you have to go to get to that 50' depth?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Nice job on the 'Bow! Don't see many big ones anymore... Mostly slot Cutts these days. Was the Koke silver or dark?

TitleLines
[signature]
We were using the yellow pearl atomic tubes tipped with a pink maggot. Tried three different atomic teasers, pearl orange, pink lady, and chartreuse but the teasers did not get touched once. 50 ft of water is only a five minute walk. We wanted to be in 40 ft of water which I marked on the GPS last year but the lake level is up from last year at this time so we were deeper than we wanted but it worked out.
The koke was all silver and a true surprise through the ice.