Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
Pineview - just a quick report

Hit it right before dark on the way home just to try my Deeper Chip sonar unit a bit more. Popped a couple quick holes off the south side of Cemetary in about 38 ft. Deeper showed a cloud on the bottom. Ended up being a mess of smallish but very feisty perch. Caught about 15 and then ran back off before it got dark - cause bogeymen and such ya know.

Got some awesome footage of the Deeper Sonar showing takes. Will see if I can put it togther and share, later.

Meanwhile, Cookie watched some of my gopro footage and informed me that I am taking her tommarow morning - come join us if you want to see a girl jump 20ft in the air when ice pops.

Oh ya the takes were on a pink ice fly and a perch colored tungsten both tipped with meal worm. Sound familiar? Ya, I did not even change the lures from Newton.
[signature]
Looking forward to another YouTube video.
[signature]
I was out yesterday too. Found lots of small crappie and perch as well, with a sparse larger perch mixed in. Perch were on the bottom and crappie suspended 5- 12' up. Small yellow ice fly with perch eye bait. Ice was 4-5". Good luck tomorrow
[signature]
Did you fish off cemetery?
[signature]
Yes, north side
[signature]
Good to hear.
Do you have to pay to park at Cemetery point this time of year?
[signature]
No you don’t have to pay to park at cemetery right now. You are good to go.
[signature]
[quote PhatWeasel]No you don’t have to pay to park at cemetery right now. You are good to go.[/quote]

Thank you!
[signature]
The boogeyman is real! haha. How thick was the ice?
[signature]
How small are the small crappie?

I used to fish there at night a lot, and for 3-4 years, the crappies were getting bigger every year, up to over 11", I thought two years ago was gonna be a great year, when suddenly I simply lost em. Didn't catch any last year either.

At the same time, two years ago my season started with two trips for very nice perc at PV, that seemed to suddenly just be everywhere. Then last year sucked for both (I didn't get out much, either). This year they are back to being small.

Oh, the trials of pan-fishermen, we who chase the biggest individuals of the smallest types fish!
[signature]
Biggest crappie was only 7.5". They only got smaller and less aggressive the longer I stayed. The small ice fly worked for both perch and crappie. Intentionally trying to avoid all the small ones, I switched to using the largest spoon I had and was fishing it 5' above the school. When a mark would shoot up I kept thinking it would be a better fish. But I was continually surprised at how small of fish was munching that big ol spoon. Oh well, next time I hope to track down the bigger ones. My perch average size was up considerably over last year, which was nice. But nothing to get too excited about. Message me if you ever want to fish it together.
[signature]