Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Parking Info
They claim they are going to make a parking area below the dike for people to park on that South side but why did they not do that before, when they made the parking lot there at the South West corner[:/]. Seems like they just wanted to generate some extra money first or they would have done it at the same time they made the other parking lot. If they were interested in making a profit from the situation, why not just build the parking areas and charge people to park there, instead of doing it the way they did it. Seems underhanded to me.[:|]
I heard from KSL that the city of Mantua gave out over $240,000 in tickets last year but collected $190,000, guess that means that some of the people receiving tickets, went to court, fought the ticket and won, so hopefully that means the judge found some people not guilty.
The last time they put up signs there on the South dike, it was very clear, they did not want people to park, in a small area, where a side road came through, so people could swing around as they were making the turn and not hit a parked vehicle. I'll attach some pics I took of those signs. When they put up the current signs, it was not at all clear and they left up those signs that says, not parking between signs. Why would they leave up the signs that says no parking between signs if the entire dike was closed.[crazy]. OH, I know, they wanted it to be confusing, so they could generate some income. If their intent was to try and get people not to park on the dike they could have done that by giving people a warning ticket and post on the city's facebook page about the new change, saying after a certain date they would start issuing tickets that would cost you or they could have just issued a $20 parking ticket. It is very clear, at least to me, they are simply trying to generate money, plain and simple.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]

I heard from KSL that the city of Mantua gave out over $240,000 in tickets last year but collected $190,000, guess that means that some of the people receiving tickets, went to court, fought the ticket and won, so hopefully that means the judge found some people not guilty.

[/quote]

My guess is that a substantial amount in tickets is still unpaid. Some folks just ignore tickets (often to their detriment).
[signature]
Of course you could be correct but the KSL team thinks otherwise. They are going to talk to someone from the city of Mantua this week and let me know the outcome of what they find out.
[signature]