Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Ice?
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I’m 77 years young and have been fishing for at least 65 of those years. Sharing fishing experiences, successes, and failures has been part of that lifelong adventure since day one. The methods of sharing have changed tremendously over the years, but the sharing has existed throughout time. And I firmly believe it will continue regardless of the chastisement that the practice garners from some folks.

The last I checked, everybody living in the good ol’ US of A has a God given right to freely express successes and failures in all sorts of life adventures. This includes telling others when and where they fished, what lures/baits they used, and the results – or NOT. We also have the God given right to civilly express our displeasure with others for divulging TMI.

But it doesn’t accomplish anything to characterize other’s actions as infantile, moronic, elitist, or any number of other derogatory terms. Well, it DOES accomplish one thing – it shows the rest of us just how shallow some folks can be when dealing with life.

The Internet isn’t going to go away and the social media aspects of it are going to continue to change and grow. If you don’t have the ability to accept that, then you probably should consider disconnecting from the social media forms that trouble you the most. I tried fb for 9 months and became completely disgusted with its form and function. I disconnected from it and avoid it like the plague. For me, it is a total waste of time and I live me life just fine without it.

If you find yourself constantly being aggravated by what you read on this website’s forums, then you should probably disconnect yourself from it and move on. Everyone brings joy to this website - some as they enter; others as they leave. Which are you?[/#][/font][/size]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."