Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo again 1/4/20
Got up early and hit Echo again. Hoping to maybe get a walleye or a brown while it was still dark. Nope on both of those. Fishing was much slower today and I moved around trying to find an active school. Never did find that either. Had one exciting event as I was watching my lure head to the bottom I saw a mark trailing it. I stopped, jigged twice, and was hooked up. I knew I was in trouble from the get go. 4 lb test and this fish had serious shoulders. Ran my drag a couple times, got tangled in my other line for a while, but finally got to see it a couple of times. A great rainbow easily over 20 inches and thick. Finally got its head up the hole, reached down to grab it and "pop", broke the line. I am not the cussing type, but something might of slipped out...oh well. Finished with 8 keeper perch with the biggest going 11.5". Just not the numbers day today.
[signature]
Sometimes it takes some work, way to go. I wonder did you see Some. Atv's on the ice? Does it look thick enough?
[signature]
A buddy and myself went to Echo today 04 Jan. 20 and had 2 snowmobiles out and seen a tracked side by side on the ice as well. We had come onto the ice from the boat launch. As for thickness it was between 5-7 inches where we were.
[signature]
We went to Echo first thing this morning around 630 and were there until 2. Fishing in 50 FOW at first then moved around and ended the day in about 30 FOW. Didn't start marking any until late in the day. Even then they didn't want what we had. Better luck next time. Nice job on the fish.
[signature]
As was said, thick enough for snow machines and the like. Someone had a snowdog as well. I marked fish in many spots, perch on the bottom, but they were really shy on the bite. I caught probably another 15 or so smaller ones that I threw back.
[signature]
Some nice perch there! The loss of that bow had to be a heart breaker.
[signature]
Yes, losing that bow was rough. I always replay what I could have done differently, maybe using the scoop to help get it out of the hole.

On a side note, we have had some great fish dinners this week. I tried a variation of Tube Dude's oven fish and shrimp scampi. It was REALLY good. Layered fish fillets, shrimp and scampi sauce, then another layer of the same on top of that, topped with bread crumbs. It will definitely be something I make again. Today it was fish tacos, also a big hit with everyone. The dressing was a simple mayo and fresh lime juice mix.
[signature]
As my grandpa used to say, "I was so mad, I damn near swore!"
[signature]