Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish finder battery
Finally have time to make it up to echo tomorrow. I went to charge my vexilar and the battery was dead. Checked lots of local stores including cabelas and couldn’t find a replacement. Looks like I will be fishing blind for the first time in years.
Has anyone got a tip for what column the trout can be found at, or the depth for perch?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
[signature]
I got mine at batterys plus in lehi
[signature]
Perch like to be on the bottom to a 1ft above. Rainbows can be throughout the column. I catch cutts and browns lower half of the column a lot when targeting perch. Set up a dead stick with your fav trout bait and see what depth you get action then you do your jigging at that depth.
[signature]
I just seen some 12v batteries at Walmart about a week ago, they’re kinda hidden but they had some, maybe you’ll get lucky.
[signature]
If you're willing to spend the money lithium batteries can have 50% more runtime and yet still weight 50% less than sealed lead acid batteries of the same size. I just got one from norskfishing.com. Hard to hate lightening the sled by 3 lbs and getting several more hours of use on a similar sized battery, just close your eyes when the price comes up [Wink]
[signature]
[quote filletedalive]Finally have time to make it up to echo tomorrow. I went to charge my vexilar and the battery was dead. Checked lots of local stores including cabelas and couldn’t find a replacement. Looks like I will be fishing blind for the first time in years.
Has anyone got a tip for what column the trout can be found at, or the depth for perch?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated![/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]You can buy a replacement SLA battery for your Vex at ANY Batteries Plus store or ant National Battery Sales store. I've purchased them at both. Call each before going and get a price to get the best deal. Or, just look it up and order it from Amazon. You are a PRIME member, aren't you?[/size][/#800000][/font] [Wink]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Just saw this one. Now that you are probably back home. One answer to your question is:
The one trout I got a week ago was 8 feet down in 19 feet of water.
Most of my perch were at 44.9 feet.
Hope you had some luck fishing. Looks like you got enough advice on batteries.
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
Yeah it was rough out there at echo. I felt vexilar eyes would have helped. Missed a total of 4 trout and landed one. We were dead sticking between 12-16 fow. Couldn’t get any action jigging. The bow caught was a beautiful big fish. Grabbed a ratfinke tipped with wax worm. The battery will be here tues thanks to prime and will be ready to rock next weekend. Thank you for the replies. I will be better prepared if I run into this situation again.
[signature]
Battery with charger are in stock at Cabelas Farmington right now.
[signature]