Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New strain of slush monster at the Berry
Fished within sight of the main marina today and fishing was as good as usual. Caught several cuts all in the slot. Better success in water under 20ft. Tried deeper but shallower was more productive for us. Usual white tube jigs tipped with wax or dirt worms. Nice day to be on the lake.

The ice was 8 inches thick of good clear ice. There was at least a little water on the ice under the snow every where we went. Maybe 4 inches of snow on top of the ice.

Travel around on the lake was different than I've ever experienced. Usually when I run in to the slush monster the more power the better. This time it was the more finesse the better. I wished I would have had a studded track on the sled today. And the length of the slush pools was longer than I've run through before. Not deep slush but longer sections. Some of the sections of slush have turned in to ice but the thickness of the ice on the top of the remaining slush is variable. Use a bit of caution. Our tracks that we made through the slush were freezing up by the time we left.

Wish list: More available parking. Maybe plow the spot at the main marina/ renegade fork like they used to do a few years back. Not complaining and grateful for what is plowed.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, sounds like you did better than a lot of members, I think you are right about fishing in water less than 20 ft. I'm surprised the slush monster is already causing some issues. Did you catch any bows?
[signature]
No we didn't catch any bows. It would be nice to have had at least one to take home.

It was good to see the cuts were fat and healthy looking.
[signature]