Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cascade
Have fun and let us know how you do... Thanks Jeff
[signature]
Hey there,

Congrats on going, it is one of my favorite spots in the US to ice fish. I added a screen shot of where I caught my back to back PBS.

The blue x is poison creek and the green scribble is where we fished. Maybe 1.5-2 miles of the launch.

My strategy was to get away from the crowds and fish the old river embankment drop off, you'll need to probe around. Got both of my pbs on a uv moon jelly swedish pimple loaded with red darts.

You can also fish the south east corner of the reservoir/lake for fast, but smaller perch. I didn't, I was hunting my trophies.

Feel free to PM me if you need more info. Let us know what you get into, I've been dying to get back up thetr.
[signature]
Stop in Cascade at Tackle Toms and buy a good map that shows lake contours. As Uncle says fish points and breaks into deeper water. both the deep side and the shallow side. They feed shallow and hang out deep. Good luck!
[signature]
Thanks I have an app on my phone that shows contours to get me close then I check depths with the vexilar to get exact. I hope the new owners are as good as Tom was. I know they have added some stuff and are doing rental equipment now. We will find out next weekend.
[signature]
Thanks we have fished around the island and down by the city ramp. There is a lot of lake to try out. Last trip last year I went through more propane in the auger than the total for the first 2 years. Was drilling clear to the power head with lots of searching.
[signature]
Best of Luck, we are headed up 14-17 FEB. this will be my first ever trip to Cascade, let us know how you did! Thanks
[signature]