Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost at Lost Creek-01/13
Thanks for the update. That's too bad about the catching. Lost Creek is one of my favorite places to fish. I was planning on hitting it in the next couple of weeks.
[signature]
I was up there a few days ago and found the ice thickness to be all over the chart. By the dam it was 10" and most areas I drilled had 4-6". However, where the boat ramp arm meets the rest of the lake it was less than 2". I felt the ice start cracking a little and decided to drill a test hole...1" of frozen slush on top, 3" of water, 1.5" of ice. So be very careful if you go out onto the main lake, especially if you are taking snow machines. Catching was very slow that day (Friday) - zero fish landed between 3 of us.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, did you drive to the ramp arm and walk out from there or walk from the dam to the ramp arm?
[signature]
We drove snowmobiles from the dam to the boat ramp and out onto the ice. Really slushy near the ramp for about 50 yards. We fished on the east side, a few hundred yards from the ramp and didn't have any slush. The west side was slushy in a lot more areas. Dam area was not slushy at all.
So, this is crazy, and I left it out of my original post. A couple guys drove a side by side over to the ramp, through the slush, and onto the ice. I thought they were insane, but they didn't go through and made it back out. They did get stuck trying to make it back up the ramp and it took them a good 1.5 hrs to get up it.
Later in the day, when we were fishing near the dam, I was worried about them and drove a snowmobile on the lake from the dam, to the boat ramp, and back. I definitely think I crossed some questionable areas, but kept the machine going as fast as it could and didn't have any issues.
All the ice we fished on was 5-6" thick.
[signature]
Thanks for that info. We were considering taking our ATV's there but it sounds like some tough condition. Was the area going across the dam drifted with snow, pretty bad?
[signature]
Can you access the lake by truck/car or would it be best to take a snowmobile
[signature]
There was quite a bit of snow, but probably more since yesterday. I didn't see any drifts going across the dam, but definitely some small drifts on the backside, going down to the boat ramp. I wouldn't try to access the lake from anywhere except the dam unless you have a snowmobile. I would definitely take it slow with an ATV and drill test holes as I went. I believe there are definitely questionable areas.
[signature]
Thanks for the added info, guess I'll put of going there for now.
[signature]