Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Challenge halftime report
Thanks Craig! Great run down report on the Challenge. I plan to get out and add to my collection in the next few days. Congrats on the biggest fish so far.
[signature]
What’s the payout for Bullheads?
[signature]
Not sure what you mean. Any species not mentioned in the report has not had any entries yet.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I think Craig is mentioning the biggest fish in each species due to the fact that we discussed making honorable mention this year of the biggest of each species. No prizes lined up for a species best, just a pat on the back...

There will be prizes for the category winners and over all winners and if the over all doesn't win the most species or most length prize, we will try to have prizes for that, but the overall winner usually takes the other categories as well, so we make that prize a little bigger...

But that being said, our payout isn't very big, and it depends on what our generous sponsors are willing to provide to us... Sometimes Sportsmans Warehouse or CAL Ranch have thrown in some really nice prizes... One time Blackstone donated a really nice $300+ grill. Not to mention all the great tackle that Maniac has donated and we have been able to give as door prizes to many of the members that attend the banquets... But that is our usual prizes for pay outs... No boats or trucks or even fish finders, but at the same time we didn't want this contest to get too serious so it moved beyond being a fun contest to being hard to manage because of too much competition... Our typical prizes are around $20 to $25 for winning the category, sometimes we have gotten rods and reels, just depends on what is available but the big prize is the fun of a great ice season fishing lots of new waters and making new friends as you fish together...

We have found that making our contests this way has made them a lot of fun and more members participate in them.. There's plenty of tournaments with bigger prizes around, and those that like that type of contest can pay to play... Here you just sign up and play, no pay required... Hope you join in and have fun with it... Only limitation to the sign up date is you have to mention to Ron (hookngrinnin) on the contest board that you want to play before you catch the fish, and you do need to follow the rules which requires having a BFT contest placard in the photo... Later Jeff
[signature]