Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming gorge
Below the pipeline is all open along the main channel. Theirs been rumors that some of the smaller coves have frozen up. I heard people were ice fishing sheep creek.
[signature]
Has anyone heard whether Linwood Bay is frozen?
[signature]
Still open water due to winds.
[signature]
Thanks everyone ....first time doing the burbit bash any tios?
[signature]
Stay warm and have machines...[Wink]
[signature]
Lol..... done thx.....
[signature]
Fished big bend today 10” of ice. Caught 14 pups between 5 of us, didn’t try for burbot
[signature]
I'm heading up to the gorge this Thursday and will be up their until Sunday. I fish the Wyoming side and I mainly plan on targeting the big bows in the morning and some Lakers later in the day. The gorge is a awesome place to ice fish. Every fish has a ton of drag taking fight in them. No place like it.
[signature]
[quote roynut]Has anyone heard whether Linwood Bay is frozen?[/quote]

looks like ice is coming
http://www.flaminggorgewebcams.com/webca...ernemarina
[signature]
Last year it was really slushy and most dirt roads weren’t accessible, making access limited to a few areas. How is the accessibility this year? Are more of the dirt roads available or has the snowfall shut down much of the access?
[signature]
Currently much better conditions this year. It’s been windy so the lake is polished with patchy snow. Definitely bring your cleats. Some roads have drifted but people have used many of the roads enough to keep them open. You need 4WD in areas and chains would help if you plan to travel a road that hasn’t been used.

We were on 8-inches down near Anvil last weekend. There was a wicked pressure ridge along shore but we easily avoided it. The ice sheet ended at the Pipeline, with some ice reforming in the backs of bays and coves to the south.

Hope it helps, Ryno
[signature]