Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
We took our snowmobiles out last Friday night ice was fine the edges were a but soft but other then that it was fine ..we got into the ice at browning point .we cought a lot of small crappie 6 inches or so with only 11 being large enough for table fare But don't trust the ice drill a few holes for yourself just to make sure ice is always changing ..
Be safe and good luck let us know how you did
[signature]
I've caught them on jigs tipped with Crappie Nibbles before, gold glitter ones...... but that was only a couple of times, out of a good bunch of trips. I have tried Gulp Alive 1" minnows bunch of times and never gotten a bite on them at PV. (Seem to work OK lots of other places...)

I have had better, more consistent luck in the past with wax worms or perch eyes/meat bits.
[signature]
Wax worms was all that I could catch any on last night fishing off of the north side of Cemetery Point in 47' of water. The bites died off at around 9:30.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Any size to them? I fished it last week. Fought a bunch but nothing over 6 inches.

LT
Two of.them were worth filleting. But the rest were small.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
PV stinks like skunk and I’m never going again. (I’ll be back) arrived at 545 pm and fished until 930 pm. Fished south west of cemetery point. Had 1 on in 30’ of water and that was it. Drilled around and found more fish in 40’ of water but their lips were sealed. Ultimately we left with empty cans. Ice was about 8 inches thick. 5 inches of cloudy ice and 3 inches of the good stuff. 2 inches of slush on top.
[signature]
Thanks much!

LT
So you’re saying you killed it and caught a bucket full of 15” crappies!!!

[sly][sly]
[signature]