Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo, Echo, Echo 1/20
Those are some beautiful fillets and from the looks of them you know how to expertly use a fillet knife.
[signature]
Thank you for the kind words.
[signature]
Nothing wrong with bringing home a few of those bigger trout....they do smoke up nicely, especially anything over about 17"....but I do favor the perch myself also....Lots of people on Hyrum today, and we did very well on 8.5 to 9.5" perch....I think there'll still be some there, if you'll beg Jim's forgiveness and do make that your next trip!....Guluk....
[signature]
Nice write up on the day. Yeah some keeper perch would have been nice, but those bows are fun to catch as well. I saw 3 of them on my line through the hole and landed/iced one... not sure if that means my tally is 4 or 1. Either way I wasn't taking any with me.

I was happy to have the company as well, and we had longer on the ice than if we'd have run up to Hyrum.

All in all a good day.
[signature]
Those smaller perch can be utilized. Watch the Youtube video on "Cleaning a perch in 10 seconds". Those 5-8" can been cleaned this way, then cooked anyway you want. For those days when the bigger filletable ones are not cooperatiing. When you cook them after cleaning this way, use the tail to lift the meat off the bones, works like a charm !!
If they were even 5 inches long I would have been surprised. I did put mine to use, I tipped my jig with the tail of that small perch to catch the 18" bow.[sly]
[signature]
Those fillets look really nice! Glad the bows cooperated to make the trip more productive.
[signature]