Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shuttling at the Berry
Great report. What was the snow/slush like? Would a wheeler go or is a snow machine a must?
[signature]
Where we where fishing there was about 6”of snow on top of a couple inches of slush on a foot of solid clear ice, I’ve never ridden a 4 wheeler on ice so I can’t say for sure but I think if you kept your momentum up it would be doable.
[signature]
Thanks, that helps. Going on Saturday with everyone else in the state so separation from the masses will make for a better trip.
[signature]
How much do they charge for the shuttle service.
[signature]
$25 per person M-Thur. $40 per person Fri.-Sun. The $12 dollar parking fee is included don’t have to pay it.
[signature]
$25 each on weekdays and $40 weekends.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

That is nice they include the parking fee rather than having it to boot.
[signature]
Wow, that makes it only $13 to use it during the week. That's a red-hot bargain. If anybody wants to go sometime during the week I'm game. My wife isn't happy about me soloing it and I wouldn't want to be way out on the ice with nobody around to help, either.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Your math only works if you do a solo trip. $25 each for shuttle service.
[signature]
I think we might have a communication goof-up here. I am talking about one person (me) parking one car and being shuttled on one snowmobile. $25 minus the $12 parking fee equals $13. What did you think I meant?
[signature]

[quote catchinon]

I think we might have a communication goof-up here.

[/quote]

Yes we do. You wrote that it was only $13 and then wrote that you don't fish alone, so I added the two together and the math didn't work. My error was joining two thoughts that weren't meant to be joined.
[signature]
Sorry about that. I was thinking about going with someone who has their own sled.
[signature]

[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You read that differently tha[/size][/font][/#800000][#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]n I did. [/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]
Quote:$25 per person M-Thur. $40 per person Fri.-Sun. The $12 dollar parking fee is included don’t have to pay it
You would STILL have to pay $25 for the shuttle but wouldn't have to shell out and ADDITTIONAL $12 for the parking if you use the shuttle service because the parking would be free as part of the shuttle fee. I guess you could also say that there is a parking fee of $12 and then only $13 more for the shuttle service. But it gets even more complicated if there are 4 or 5 going in the same vehicle. One parking fee of $12 included in a shuttle fee of $100 (4 folks) or $125 (5 folks). My head is starting to hurt trying to figure it all out.
[Image: hde2uSa.gif]

[/size][/font][/#800000][/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
At any rate (pun intended) I was grateful for the invite from Obifish, and it was a fun productive day. The shuttle was definitely worth it. If you don't have a specific plan or location you want them to take you, they take you where people have been catching.
[signature]
We used the shuttle today and they took us where they had been catching them, because we were to be joining with another group. It was extremely slow today. Three of us caught 8, 7 and 4 fish.

It was frustrating not having my snowmobile because I was confident that I could have moved to some productive areas, but that wasn't an option with the shuttle.
[signature]
I'm curious Kent, since you have a snowmobile why did you take the shuttle?
[signature]
Actually, while you were busy loading up to go I caught one more to tie it up again. But I had to work for it. He came loose when I had him 90% out of the hole and couldn't get his head down in the hole to get away so I scooped him out [Smile].

You questioned my math on the shuttle deal and now I see what you meant. It cost $26.50 and the $12 parking fee was waived. So it cost the whole $25 plus tax, not $13 as I had been thinking. What can I say except "Duh"? Still a deal though as the total would have been $38.50 if I had had to pay for parking, too. I think that is a 45% savings but you better check my math [Wink].
[signature]

[quote wiperhunter2]

I'm curious Kent, since you have a snowmobile why did you take the shuttle?

[/quote]

Because it was in the shop and I'm picking it up today. I started the repair process on 5/23/19! PM sent giving you more details.
[signature]
[quote catchinon]

Actually, while you were busy loading up to go I caught one more to tie it up again.

[/quote]

Congrats Craig, you did good landing eight fish and especially with the few fish we were marking.
[signature]
[quote catchinon]

You questioned my math on the shuttle deal and now I see what you meant. It cost $26.50 and the $12 parking fee was waived. So it cost the whole $25 plus tax, not $13 as I had been thinking.

[/quote]

For a single angler, I would still look at it as only costing $13, plus sales tax, to use the shuttle service, because one would have to pay $12 to park if one was not using the shuttle service.
[signature]