Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Livescope vs. Panoptix - What's the difference??
EDIT: See comment below, on next reply.
[signature]
Curtis, I think you are using the names bassackwards. Livescope gives the higher resolution, but less range. BTW they are both made by Garmin. Panoptic came out first and then Panoptic Livescope came out next.
[signature]
Oops, you are correct, nevermind[blush]. The video I was looking at was this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xOSucxQjDo
Not sure how I missed that first video Robert listed but the one I was looking at was Livescope vs livesight.
I'll take a look but I thought Garmin only made the two units, I'm sure you are right on the cheaper one having less range, that would make sense but for the $900 difference, the newer one must be a lot better.
[signature]
Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know there was a difference between the panoptics and the livescope… So from the one video it made it sound like livescope was $1499 and I've been hearing over $3000 for it, what is the difference? Is one for the transducer and the other includes the display unit as well? I'm Confused... Pretty cool stuff, but hard to decide between detail or range I guess... I like the detail, but when you're hunting big ponds for schools of fish the increased range would be nice too... Oh well I can't afford either, so I'll just keep trying to learn more about them... Makes you wonder if the Lowrance unit will catch up with the Garmin in a couple years... Wonder if Hummingbird has one on the way too... Thanks for the thought provoking question... Later Jeff
[signature]
I have both and if you are going to buy one buy livescope for sure.
[signature]
you have a lot of money just in Transducers

Garmin Panoptix PS30 Transom Transducer cost $1500 I think came out about 5 years ago the Garmin's Panoptix PS 31. is also $1500

the LiveScope System GLS 10 sonar black box, and LVS32 trasnducer:
cost $1500 this I think came out about 1 1/2 year ago some time late in 2018

plus if you want 2D, SI and down Im. with the live scope you need to buy a nother transducer.

I was going to order the Live Scope and the 12" Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv
(this has only been out about a year.) then I read Feb 12 they are going to offer a $200 re-bait on the liveScope so that may mean they may be coming out with another livescope
[signature]
HI,yes I had never spent any money my whole life I bought one panoptix ice bundle late 2018 with garmin 93sv,then last spring I bought a 4 hp yamaha,minn kota ultrex,livescope and had all installed at Robertson’s.I am going to get another 93sv for the person in the back of my boat to use ,while I use the livescope on the front.I have a 18 ft g3 boat about 20 years old,so i am not in the whole setup too much.The downside to these panoptix is only 20 deg transducer,small jigs disappear at about 50 ft.
[signature]
You would want the Livescope LVS 32 it is the second generation, way better.
Search up this "Budget Friendly LiveScope Options" on youtube and watch it's from Russel Marine and they do an excellent job at laying the options out. The Garmin website needs a seer stone to figure out. On a boat you need at least a 9 inch screen. I have been using a 7 inch screen ice fishing and it's ok because it's right in my face. Don't be fooled by the 500$ LVS12 the cheapest unit it will work with it 2000$ and you get less than a third of the coverage.
[signature]
Robert, the Humminbird Helix 9 & 10 Mega Imagining units are my goal for upgrade. I have seen screen shots of sturgeon on the Helix 9 with Mega Imagining and they are amazingly detailed.
[signature]
This is my humminbird Solix it is better than the Helix

I don't have Mega Imagining turned on it is on chirp looking out 130 feet

if I turn Mega Imagining on I only look out about at the most 80 feet
I have some better snapshots of Sturgeon
but here are two sturgeon about 86 feet on the side
I Like this one because of the what ever it is may be some kind of road bed
on the 360 all that shows up is the rocks.

the new Mega Imagining 360 just came out that looks good but will need to wait to buy that
[signature]