Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River 1/23
That's a great day! Thanks for the report and helpful information. I haven't been fishing at all, and I should try to get out more in the winter.
[signature]
Sounds like a great day on the Weber! Miss that river....
[signature]
Had to hit the river again before the storm....turned out to be another very good day.
Several big browns as well as a good number of the larger Cutts.
[signature]
Solid Brownie! WTG!
[signature]
Agree- solid brown. That's one of the nice thing about the Webe. The fish don't typically thin out too much in the winter. Stands in sharp contrast to the post with Browns on the South Fork.
I've always had good luck fishing before cold fronts arrive in February to April.
[signature]
Have you ever fished the EF of Sevier in winter? Before cold fronts move in starting mid February, I've had some tremendous success there. Usually you have the river to yourself to boot - even on the weekends.
[signature]
Sounds like a fun trip! Where exactly is the river? How big is it? I’ve never fished it before.
My standard is a 9ft 5wt rod, would you suggest a shorter lighter rod?
I have a few weeks off, I may decide to take a drive and go check it out!
[signature]
I was reminding Richy4du that he did have to drive all the way from SW Utah to the Weber. There are closer options down his way.
DWR has a map you can see access points to Blue Ribbon fisheries. I prefer to fish the Kingston Canyon section of the East Fork of the Sevier in winter. Definitely try to hit warmer weather prior to cold fronts if you are going to make the trip in winter.
https://dwrapps.utah.gov/fishing/fStart?...e%20Ribbon
[signature]