Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats your favoret wiper color of lures?
just wanted to know your fav color for wipers. mine would have to be white then spit-n-image gizzard shad. not that I can say that I've ever hooked a lot. I've only hooked in to three in the last 4 years that I've fished for them. anyway just wanted to hear all the colors.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]When I walk through the fishing section of an out doors store, anything with white on the bottom and blue-green back catches my eye. The lures in the "Willard" section of my tackle box has a definite "look" to it: White/silver bottoms and blue tops. So that has got to be my favorite. However, all white is really pushing hard to be #1. A close second is gray/silver/white bottoms and black back is also right up there. Chartreuse seem to be elbowing it's way into my Willard section too.

Great question. I'm curious to see what everyone else has to say.
[/size][/font]
[signature]
This has been my first year of fishing for wiper and Willard, however I would say that the white bottom to black top in a 5 or 7 jointed and not jointed rapala is my favorite. It is the only one I have caught fish on so far. MY brother has good success with that and with the one that is light blue in the same size and pattern.
[signature]
My favorite is a rapalle deep running shad rap with black and silver back and white bottom with the red gills. I have caught just as many wipers with the blue but I occasionally catch walleye's on the black back.
[signature]
I have to agree with MartyMcfly. Black and silver shad rap and black and silver rattlin rapala are my favorite.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]See how many colors guys like? You know what? They all work. I'm partial to the chrome/blue and chrome/black. I also like firetiger. Sometimes that's the hot ticket.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]As any self respecting tackle ho' knows "youse gots to have them all" and not just one of each. Oh no! When I buy lures, I buy them in minimum quanities of two. That way if you lose the hot ticket you can reach for the second. Any self respecting tackle ho' worth their salt wouldn't be caught dead with just one of any type or color of lure in his or her box. That's just ain't natural![/size][/font]
[signature]
I agree anything with white on the bottom. I fish from shore and have alot of luck with the white opalescent curlytail grub on a plain jighead.
[signature]
white or silver with blue or black back. Transparent (see through). solid silver. solid white. fire tiger. chartruese. gold with black back. These have all produced for me over the last 2 years but when nothing else is working, I like to use the white with blue back the most.
[signature]
I know this thread is old but I love to use solid silver ones.
(07-29-2020, 01:02 PM)orangeversion Wrote: I know this thread is old but I love to use solid silver ones.

Old?  It can nearly vote.