Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Too bad...so sad
(03-03-2020, 06:55 PM)TubeDude Wrote: ...I would like to think we have progressed (degenerated) to a position of mutual respect.

at no time have I ever had anything but respect for the Dude.  In fact, I've never even had to break out my decoder-ring to decipher his posts.

I have, however, fallen asleep while reading a few.

#TOTP
You have probably noticed that PBH drinks vinegar for breakfast alot.  Makes for  sour comments.    Rolleyes
(03-03-2020, 05:33 PM)PBH Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 05:32 PM)dubob Wrote: dubob" pid='1094856' dateline='1583256722'
Quote:  Why is it that ...you use few, if any, social skills on a family oriented fishing website?  ... Showing disrespect for other site members in doing so ...  Did it add ANYTHING to your discussion by calling Pat a 'dud'?  Other than show disrespect for him.   Dodgy

I apologize for offending you dubob (May I call you Bob?).  Yes, you may.
FWIW -- I've been calling TuberDuder a dud for years - and to my knowledge, he's yet to offer any response that suggested he's offended by the nickname.  He's certainly privy to notifying me of the offense, perchance it is offensive.  I would be open to finding a new epithet for Mr. Dude if that would offer some level of inspiritive familial gathering for all.  I appreciate you bringing this nefarious conduct to my attention.  Why don't you just call him Pat?  

PeanutButter&Honey
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
As a mod I don't know how to take you guys bantering... I'm hoping it's nothing serious if so PM me and I'll pass along a knock it off...  I shared everones dislikes of the new site at first, but I'm actually finding lots of stuff I'm starting to like... Also as time goes on many of the early glitches are being fixed, so keep passing them along and hopefully it will end up something that all will like to keep using...  I know I've got a lot of things to still learn about the way the new one works, but it's fairly user friendly... in time I think I'll come around to liking it.. However, I still think there are a lot of folks that can't log back into the site... If you know of anyone contact them if you know how and help them get plugged back in... My early issue was realizing I needed to do a different password for the forums and then using the same electronic device for all of the communications while I was setting up the new account...  I kept going from phone to computer and it simply was not working that way...  Anyway everyone please play nice, I'm not covering all the posts very well while I'm still trying to figure things out... plus the fish are still biting and the ice is getting thin too quickly... Later Jeff
Well said, Jeff.
It looks like they have updated the posting ratings by each of our names. A bit different but looks like TubeDude is now a "Posting Freak".
(03-04-2020, 09:55 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: It looks like they have updated the posting ratings by each of our names. A bit different but looks like TubeDude is now a "Posting Freak".
I liked the fishy designations for posting status of the old regime.  The new ones don't relate much to fishing.  Turning into just another chat room.  Ho hum.
Agreed, I liked the old one better as well.
Quote:I liked the fishy designations for posting status of the old regime.  The new ones don't relate much to fishing.  Turning into just another chat room.  Ho hum.

Pat, do you have that old list of fishy designations? I was ask what they were yesterday, I guess if we can find them, they can be to change them from what they are now.
I don't have an exact list, but can remember some of them.  However, it should not be too difficult to put together one we like.  If we can find small pics of 8-10 species of fish and then decide where the break points are we can re-engineer it.
color me unimpressed with the bft new look and features
least it snowed a bunch
[Image: IMG_0043%202_zpsulwsmhkx.jpg][Image: IMG_2941%202_zps7j2zw6lb.jpg] [Image: IMG-0401-2.jpg] [Image: IMG-0589-2.jpg] [Image: IMG_1174%202_zpslrmqqlx5.jpg]
so we should have decent water again
and photobucket pics load and look way better than the uploader
[Image: IMG_7724%202_zpsjnubgqo7.jpg]
oh and i give the duder o tuber and extra r
you knows caz
[Image: IMG_0658_zpsk2ndlsbx.jpg]
(03-05-2020, 12:25 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Quote:I liked the fishy designations for posting status of the old regime.  The new ones don't relate much to fishing.  Turning into just another chat room.  Ho hum.

Pat, do you have that old list of fishy designations? I was ask what they were yesterday, I guess if we can find them, they can be to change them from what they are now.
0 => Greenhorn 
5 => Bait 
25 => Shiner 
50 => Brookie 
100 => WeakFish 
200 => Perch 
300 => Rainbow Trout 
400 => Calico Bass 
500 => Walleye 
750 => Barracuda 
1000 => Large Mouth Bass 
1250 => White Sea Bass 
1500 => Alaskan Salmon 
1750 => Striper Bass 
2000 => Chain Pickeral 
2500 => Yellowtail 
3000 => Northern Pike 
3500 => Dorado 
4000 => Sturgeon 
4500 => Tuna 
5000 => Channel Catfish 
5500 => Swordfish 
6000 => Aligator Gar 
7000 => Marlin 
8000 => Sturgeon 
10000 => Shark
(03-09-2020, 03:15 AM)kentofnsl Wrote:

0 => Greenhorn 
5 => Bait 
25 => Shiner 
50 => Brookie 
100 => WeakFish 
200 => Perch 
300 => Rainbow Trout 
400 => Calico Bass 
500 => Walleye 
750 => Barracuda 
1000 => Large Mouth Bass 
1250 => White Sea Bass 
1500 => Alaskan Salmon 
1750 => Striper Bass 
2000 => Chain Pickeral 
2500 => Yellowtail 
3000 => Northern Pike 
3500 => Dorado 
4000 => Sturgeon 
4500 => Tuna 
5000 => Channel Catfish 
5500 => Swordfish 
6000 => Aligator Gar 
7000 => Marlin 
8000 => Sturgeon 
10000 => Shark

I also like the fish designations that align with the post counts.  I'm a little offended that I'm now a Posting Freak instead of a Barracuda.
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
(03-09-2020, 03:15 AM)kentofnsl Wrote:

0 => Greenhorn 
5 => Bait 
25 => Shiner 
50 => Brookie 
100 => WeakFish 
200 => Perch 
300 => Rainbow Trout 
400 => Calico Bass 
500 => Walleye 
750 => Barracuda 
1000 => Large Mouth Bass 
1250 => White Sea Bass 
1500 => Alaskan Salmon 
1750 => Striper Bass 
2000 => Chain Pickeral 
2500 => Yellowtail 
3000 => Northern Pike 
3500 => Dorado 
4000 => Sturgeon 
4500 => Tuna 
5000 => Channel Catfish 
5500 => Swordfish 
6000 => Aligator Gar 
7000 => Marlin 
8000 => Sturgeon 
10000 => Shark

Thanks Kent, I'll pass that on, maybe we will have some new symbols this week Cool .
maybe we should update the list to reflect Utah species?

Personally, I'd rather top out as a salmonid than a cartilaginous lamnidae.  Bony fish > cartilaginous fish. 

:|
yeah, me too....really, we "progress" to a walleye and eventually a catfish above a salmonid? Ouch....that's bad!
(03-09-2020, 02:10 PM)PBH Wrote: maybe we should update the list to reflect Utah species?

Personally, I'd rather top out as a salmonid than a cartilaginous lamnidae.  Bony fish > cartilaginous fish. 

:|

(03-09-2020, 02:42 PM)wormandbobber Wrote: yeah, me too....really, we "progress" to a walleye and eventually a catfish above a salmonid? Ouch....that's bad!

You do realize that BFT is a nation wide forum, not just a Utah forum - don't you?   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(03-09-2020, 03:01 PM)dubob Wrote: You do realize that BFT is a nation wide forum, not just a Utah forum - don't you?   Big Grin

I'm only talking about the Utah forum -- if I were discussing a site-wide update, I'd put it in a more appropriate thread.

but, even if it is a global setting change, salmonidae still trumps any cartilagenous fish.  They certainly trump percidae and ictaluridae.
Nationwide or not, I hope we NEVER graduate from salmonids to catfish. Maybe the other way around, though....
(03-09-2020, 06:25 PM)PBH Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 03:01 PM)dubob Wrote: You do realize that BFT is a nation wide forum, not just a Utah forum - don't you?   Big Grin

I'm only talking about the Utah forum -- if I were discussing a site-wide update, I'd put it in a more appropriate thread.

but, even if it is a global setting change, salmonidae still trumps any cartilagenous fish.  They certainly trump percidae and ictaluridae.

(03-09-2020, 06:28 PM)wormandbobber Wrote: Nationwide or not, I hope we NEVER graduate from salmonids to catfish. Maybe the other way around, though....

I can't imagine that BFT is going to change JUST the Utah forum symbols.  And frankly, I really don't care if they do or not.  I don't visit here to check out everybody's symbol status.  But hey, if that's what floats your boat, have at it.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah