Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Too bad...so sad
(03-18-2020, 05:00 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: All the new bells and whistles are just lipstick on a pig, IMO.

And isn't she pretty!

[Image: voowPbZ.gif]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(03-18-2020, 05:00 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I'm now using Linux and tried both Firefox and Chromium browsers to get on with my original username and password. Never did, nor did I ever get a single email with "lost password" codes. Finally gave up and re-registered. Had to change my user name a bit but my original password worked fine. Go figure.

I don't give a whip about post count or "fish level" so I haven't asked to get my original sign-in credentials back.

Like others, I do NOT see this mishmash as an improvement. All the new bells and whistles are just lipstick on a pig, IMO.

Hey Rocky, glad to see ya on the site again.

(03-18-2020, 03:20 PM)TubeDude Wrote: The chain pickerel is a small member of the toothy critter family that includes pike and muskies.  A popular fish in the east but pretty much unknown in the west.  But it is a fun fish.  Wear it well until you graduate.

The gold stars are awarded by other members clicking your "like" button.  Evidently, you got a few folks fooled.  Now go out and fool a bunch of big catfish.

OK. Probably why I never heard of a Chain Pickerel, thnks for the enlightenment. Now my day isn't wasted, I learned something, not too critically important, but something.Undecided 
Now I haven't seen any "like" buttons on here. Is this the BFT version of FB ? Tongue But if that's where those gold stars come from, then you got more folks fooled than I do....Big Grin   course you been here longer with more practice ....Big GrinBig Grin
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
im interwebularly challanged but i did what the whiperhunter said cleared some cookies cache got a new password that ill never remeber
and bam

Poopfish i am
[Image: IMG_1538_zpsv1k7qc4h.jpg]
it'll work on windows 10 chrome or exploer  
aint tried on the phone
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
(03-18-2020, 05:07 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 05:00 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I'm now using Linux and tried both Firefox and Chromium browsers to get on with my original username and password. Never did, nor did I ever get a single email with "lost password" codes. Finally gave up and re-registered. Had to change my user name a bit but my original password worked fine. Go figure.

I don't give a whip about post count or "fish level" so I haven't asked to get my original sign-in credentials back.

Like others, I do NOT see this mishmash as an improvement. All the new bells and whistles are just lipstick on a pig, IMO.

Hey Rocky, glad to see ya on the site again.

(03-18-2020, 03:20 PM)TubeDude Wrote: The chain pickerel is a small member of the toothy critter family that includes pike and muskies.  A popular fish in the east but pretty much unknown in the west.  But it is a fun fish.  Wear it well until you graduate.

The gold stars are awarded by other members clicking your "like" button.  Evidently, you got a few folks fooled.  Now go out and fool a bunch of big catfish.

OK. Probably why I never heard of a Chain Pickerel, thnks for the enlightenment. Now my day isn't wasted, I learned something, not too critically important, but something.Undecided 
Now I haven't seen any "like" buttons on here. Is this the BFT version of FB ? Tongue But if that's where those gold stars come from, then you got more folks fooled than I do....Big Grin   course you been here longer with more practice ....Big GrinBig Grin

Email PM Find Rate  Look for these small buttons at the lower left when replying.  Click on your rate button a few times and you will be a more popular contender.  Me?  I don't give a rat's patootie.  Well, maybe a little bit.  Glad someone can put up with my blather.
I'm just guessing here, but I THINK the number of stars is tied to your total number of posts.  Forrest and I have 8 stars and are both just shy of 3,000 posts.  Pat has over 33,000 posts and probably the max number of stars.

As to the 'Like' button, it is shown with a thumbs up hand on it and the label for it is 'Rate'.  That button is what controls your reputation.  You can't press your own button; you can only press other peoples buttons (that sounds ominous).  Pushing other peoples buttons will allow you to give them a 'reputation' - positive (good), negative (bad), or neutral.  If you look at your profile information posted along with your posts, you will see the last line that says 'Reputation: X' where the 'X' will indicate the number of ratings you have from other folks.

If the number is 1 or greater and you click on the number, you will see who rated you and any comments they have made about you or a post you made.  Check it out.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
You are correct Bob, stars are the number of post you have made and rating a post is how members can raise or lower your rating.
(03-18-2020, 02:20 PM)TubeDude Wrote: I have had HELP calls from both GSP and fishdigger the past couple of days.  I referred them to the email address to send their request for getting their passwords reupped.  Hope they are able to fight their way back in.  I can provide you with their email addresses if you want to reach out.

I reiterate my point that began this thread...the new system ain't "new and improved".

OK Pat, I'll reach out to them, if their old Email addresses are still good, I'm sure I'll be able to get them back on.
(03-18-2020, 06:16 PM)dubob Wrote: I'm just guessing here, but I THINK the number of stars is tied to your total number of posts.  Forrest and I have 8 stars and are both just shy of 3,000 posts.  Pat has over 33,000 posts and probably the max number of stars.

As to the 'Like' button, it is shown with a thumbs up hand on it and the label for it is 'Rate'.  That button is what controls your reputation.  You can't press your own button; you can only press other peoples buttons (that sounds ominous).  Pushing other peoples buttons will allow you to give them a 'reputation' - positive (good), negative (bad), or neutral.  If you look at your profile information posted along with your posts, you will see the last line that says 'Reputation: X' where the 'X' will indicate the number of ratings you have from other folks.

If the number is 1 or greater and you click on the number, you will see who rated you and any comments they have made about you or a post you made.  Check it out.

Thanks Bob. I guess I haven't played around with thos buttons yet. Now I know where the  "1" on my profile icon came from......  thank you
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Quote:OK. Probably why I never heard of a Chain Pickerel, thnks for the enlightenment. Now my day isn't wasted, I learned something, not too critically important, but something.Undecided
Last fish that I landed in PA before relocating to UT (2010)... 26" Chain Pickerel [Image: IMG-0712.jpg]
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring