Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 02/22-24
Hit Scofield a number of times last weekend. Ice was nice at around 18" with no slush. 
Fished the west side of the reservoir at various locations. Fishing depth was best in and around 20 fow with fish mostly caught off the bottom by jigging up 3' and letting it fall all the way back down. 
Used green and pink MisterTwister 2" teenie tails and orange glow 1.5" cut'r bugs tipped with dirt or giant mealworms. 
Caught a lot of 14" Cutts, 16-18" planter Rainbows, and plenty of fat chubs. Most the fish seemed a lot fatter than a month ago. I remembered the cutts being extremely skinny compared to the other fish. 

Beware- as I guess you always should be. While parked in the Madsen Bay area, someone stole my snowmobile covers and gas cans. So, that was fun. I've gotten a little complacent after so many years of nothing being stolen or otherwise molested. Guess it's time to take extra precautions to keep the honest people, honest.
Sorry to hear of your theft.  I try not to leave anything out that can easily be stolen, just because there is always the chance that the one or two thiefs will pass by.
That does suck. Last summer we parked our truck on the eastern side of Scofield (by the dam) which also convienently has lots of cameras.