Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Strawberry 03/01
Hit Strawberry, today, and had a lot of fun. Ice was great and there was no slush. I really appreciate the updated conditions when I asked in a separate thread. We went out of Chicken East and started in 16-20 fow. Fishing was great in our initial area until about 1000-1030. When it slowed, we picked up and moved quite aways away. Not sure where, or how to explain where, but found the fish in 30-40 fow for the rest of the day. 

Weather started off great, but the storm hit pretty good in the early afternoon and we were driven into the tent by the wind and steady snow. Although it snowed for most of the afternoon, there wasn't much accumulation when we left. 

The fish were all on the very bottom. One of the guys brought an underwater camera which was a lot of fun to watch. 

Green, pink, and orange worked the best. I used 1.5" cutr bugs, 2" teenie tails, and various solid color metal jigs. Dirt worms vastly outperformed the others.
"Dirt worms vastly outperformed the others."  Curious what "others"?
(03-03-2020, 02:16 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: "Dirt worms vastly outperformed the others."  Curious what "others"?

Wax and meal.